Boll & Branch is seeking a passionate, innovative, and creative Freelance Visual Designer to join our in-house digital Creative team. Boll & Branch is the only home brand that creates industry-leading luxury goods from the ground up and we want someone who can’t wait to play a huge role in defining who we are.
As a freelance visual designer, we’re looking for 15-25 hours per week to support our digital marketing design needs. You’ll oversee the conception, design, and execution of our paid social channels, working closely with the Creative Team to shape the vision for the brand and align with performance goals. You think strategically and conceptually about the entire brand experience. As a freelance visual designer, you are self-motivated and eager to create the perfect experience for the customer across all channels. You attend to the tiny details without losing sight of the big picture and are a master at managing a high volume of projects.
- Collaborate with Creative Team and Marketing Managers to translate vision, feedback and ideas into impactful digital design solutions across performance channels
- Brainstorm, strategize and create a variety of solutions that elevate the Boll & Branch brand through paid social media ads
- Keep up to date with emerging design trends in the home and luxury retail industry
- Ensure all projects are well-planned, premium, polished and delivered timely
- Uphold Boll & Branch’s mission, vision and values
- Experience working at an agency and on luxury retail brands is preferred
- Portfolio demonstrating excellence in digital design across static and motion graphics is required
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience, plus 5+ years of graphic design experience is required
- Expertise in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Figma
- Experience in creating and editing videos with existing footage
- Self-directed, goal-oriented personality that works well under pressure; manages competing priorities and consistently delivers high-quality work that improves the overall creative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to convey and simplify complex concepts to cross-functional partners
- Proficient typography skills and design principles
- Deep knowledge of the latest trends and best practices for paid media
- Comfortable working collaboratively with copywriters and cross teams to take ideas from concept to creation – as well as taking the lead on projects
The primary location for this role is Summit, NJ, but we are also open to remote-based candidates who are based in the United States. We believe our business and our culture are strongest when we work together in person. We also know that it’s helpful to have flexibility to work remotely. Currently we are operating under a hybrid model whereby all teams work in an office a minimum of two days per week and may be provided flexibility to work from home on other days. There may be times when you’re asked to work in our Summit, NJ headquarters because it’s in the best interest of our business or your team.
The above is a comprehensive, but not exhaustive, description of requirements and expectations that may evolve over time based on business needs. You must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
About Boll & Branch:
At Boll & Branch, we don’t make bedding like everyone else. We make it better.
In 2014, our founders, Scott and Missy Tannen, challenged every conventional standard in the textile industry, creating a new supply chain that prioritized thread quality, not thread count. By investing exclusively in 100% organic raw materials from the start, we became the first bedding company ever to be Fair Trade Certified. Today, we keep five commitments at the heart of everything we do. We are:
- Cultivators of the Highest Quality Threads
- Pioneers in 100% Organic Cotton
- Free from Toxins at Every Step
- 100% Traceable from Farm to Finish
- Committed to Fair and Ethical Treatment for All
Boll & Branch has over 150 employees, and we are headquartered in Summit, NJ, with a second office in New York, NY and a dedicated Photo Studio in New Providence, NJ. In 2019, to propel our growth, we raised $100M from L Catterton, a leading consumer goods private equity fund. We are also progressively expanding our retail and wholesale footprint. While the heart of our business lies in the direct-to-consumer online model, we also have several retail stores around the country as well as partnerships with Bloomingdale’s and Nordstrom.
Boll & Branch LLC is an equal opportunity employer.