Here is an opportunity for all those who are interested in knowing the world of visual design from inside. The Visual Designer plays an integral role in the creative design, visualization and execution of graphical user interfaces for enterprise applications and digital products/experiences.
This role encompasses collaboration with marketers, user experience designers, product teams, pre sales and sales teams, and key client side stakeholders. Day-to-day tasks will consist of creating visually engaging, aesthetically-pleasing, innovative and functional graphics, illustrations, compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs and prototypes.
Ability to bring vision and concepts to life will not only be welcomed but celebrated. The designer should be able to standardize the visual elements to work on a common design language in the form of a design system. One of the key aspects of this role is a thorough understanding of the right balance between business, design and technology; serving the brand’s purpose and mission.
As a Senior Visual Designer, you will partner with our senior design leaders, marketing leaders, program leads, product managers to conceptualize, conceive, adapt and execute designs in different forms, for website design, UI design, company presentations, digital marketing design and much more. You will play an integral role in the creative development of all the visual touchpoints in a client brand and project. In this role you will be able to combine a passion for beautiful design with an obsession for pixel perfect attention to detail. If you enjoy developing visual design standards and translating high-level design direction to effective digital experiences, continue to read about the role below.
Your Job Responsibilities
- Developing visually engaging, aesthetically-pleasing, innovative and functional graphics, illustrations, compelling visions, stories, concepts, visual designs, brochures and product packaging, and prototypes.
- Design and execute web and product layouts, typography, iconography, design systems, and compositions to design with artistry, creativity and mastery.
- Use dynamic visualizations to support analytical thinking with large data sets and present visual design work to marketing team stakeholders, external stakeholders, design team and developers.
- Creating and putting UI mockups, UI click through demos, illustrations, and GIFs or simple animation screens together.
- Create design systems, product guidelines, brand guidelines, and mood boards.
- Build storyboards to conceptualize designs and convey project plans to senior level clients.
- Explore and build capability in creative and latest tech trends and design trends. Inspire other visual designers in the design team to do the same.
- Startup environment: We are growing and changing things through innovation everyday. Team members must be comfortable/willing to be uncomfortable in unknown territory, willing to try new things, ideate and problem solve together.
- Strong design ideation skills and competency in visual storytelling to demonstrate ideas to clients and other stakeholders.
- Capable to function independently and collaboratively as per the need of a team environment.
- Excellent control and command on visual design aesthetics and principles. Focus on practicing this knowledge to multi-channel digital experiences.
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- 5+ years of experience in visual design with emphasis on graphics design, illustrations and motion design work.
- An equal blend of hands on mastery and leading the small cohort of visual designers in generating beautiful visual design work.
- In depth knowledge and expertise with graphics design, layout, and typography.
- Excellent professional communication, collaboration, time-management and organizational skills.
- Product design, iconography, photography, and illustrations skills.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments and remote teams.
- The ability to take direction and shift gears quickly.
- Proficiency in visual design and interactive tools like Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Cinema 4D, Maya, Adobe Creative Suite products etc.
- Strong attention to detail and keen eye for aesthetics.
- Presentation, interpersonal, and communication experience/skills, both verbal and written.
- An excellent online/PDF portfolio exhibiting all of the above.
- Oversee all visual design projects/tasks, from conception to delivery.
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics.
- Review junior designers’ work to ensure high quality.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure that the design aligns with overall branding and messaging strategies.
- Create eye-catching graphics and visuals for social media platforms (e.g., Instagram, LinkedIn) to promote our internal initiatives.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials such as pitch decks, emailers, Social media posts.
Good To Have
- A bachelor/master degree in design or design related discipline (visual design, graphics design).
- 2+ years of experience in leading a team of visual designs, UI designers.
What Should Success Look Like For You
- To be able to fully understand and deliver the assigned tasks in the desired quality given by the marketing team.
- To be able to understand the sophisticated verbal design feedback coming from marketing and other stakeholders to improve and implement in your designs.
- To be able to quickly set a culture of understanding the concept and vibe of a design requirement first among your team members so that they can exercise this before jumping into hands-on design directly.
- To be able to help and train other visual designers in the team in areas they need most help. Also measure the impact of the training and demonstrate the results as tangible outcomes.
- To be able to handle corporate branding and visual identity work for internal and external clients with confidence and desired quality.
Your Work’s Impact
- Achieving the organizational goals can be highly satisfying and rewarding as you’ll be directly contributing to Axelerant’s brand image and initiatives.
- You can play a fundamental role in setting up the practice of corporate and visual identity work as part of your job.
- The opportunity to train your team members can be very beneficial for your personal growth and professional journey in this domain.
Why Work At Axelerant?
- Excellent work exposure – Some of our recent clients were the UN, the University of East London, and Doctors Without Borders.
- Work-life flexibility and remote work – You decide when and where to work. This has allowed many team members, who couldn’t have held a regular job otherwise, to have thriving careers.
- Eight-hour workdays – We don’t say 8 hours and expect 12 hours minimum.
- Meaningful time off – 52 weekends and 35 days per year of consolidated leave, plus maternity, paternity, and sabbatical allowances. We also have Kindness, Bereavement, and Caregiver Leaves for difficult times.
- Medical insurance for self and family – Because your and your loved ones’ health matter to us.
- Performance coaching – Our professional, empathetic coaches will help you become your best version through career and personal development.
- Event sponsorship – If your session at any event is selected, and aligns with our organization goals, we sponsor the whole trip (national or international).
- Continuing education allowance – We’ll cover up to 3% of your annual salary yearly for classes, certifications, or buying books to further your capabilities. Additionally, we’ll reimburse up to 13,000 INR/$130 USD for a reading device like the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite.
- No micromanagement – Micromanagement makes us grunt like the Hulk. So nobody would be looking over your shoulders. But help is always available when asked.
- No discrimination – We believe in equal pay for equal work. Personal decisions like planning to have children will not stop you from getting promoted.
- Championing inclusivity – We like diversity. It enriches our lives and products. If you see something wrong or that could be better on day 1, share through established channels to bring positive change. We listen.
- Meaningful projects to contribute back – Most of our projects are in the education, government, healthcare, and not-for-profit sectors. We also encourage and support team members for open-source contributions.
There Are Many Other Progressive Benefits:
- Health and wellness allowance
- Generous home office set-up allowance
- Sponsored team meet-ups, offsites, and retreats
- Co-working space allowance