Turnitin is your partner in education with integrity. Turnitin’s originality checking and authorship investigation services ensure academic integrity, promote critical thinking, and help students improve their authentic writing. Turnitin provides instructors with the tools to prevent plagiarism, engage students in the writing process, and provide personalized feedback. Turnitin is used by more than 30 million students at 15,000 institutions in 140 countries. Turnitin is headquartered in Oakland, Calif., with international offices in Newcastle, U.K., Utrecht, Netherlands, Melbourne, Australia, Seoul, Korea and throughout Latin America.
We are searching for people who demonstrate a passion for education and technology, are collaborative and entrepreneurial in spirit, and who can contribute to our continuing success and growth. In return, Turnitin offers a great benefits package and provides challenging and inspiring work.
The Technical Support Representative, Tier 2 team assists the Tier 1 Support team by liaising between Support, Development, and Product teams. These experts are part of the technical leaders within the Assessment Delivery Operations and Support department (ADOS), providing regular feedback and updates on our client’s issues with the product to both the internal ADOS Technical Support team and internal stakeholders. Similar to the Tier 1 team, the Tier 2 team works to establish if reported bugs are reproducible and create detailed escalations for Tier 3 by gathering logs and providing imperative information surrounding the issue.
Armed with this knowledge, these experts act as an informal escalation point for any questions the broader support may have about our products. Liaising with Tier 3, they give proactive feedback and input to Product, Internal Support, and Quality and Knowledge teams to improve the support we deliver to our customers. This role explicitly provides a high level of responsibility, being the first internal point of contact on our products and a Technical Support representative for customers externally and colleagues internally. Together with their fellow Tier 2 colleagues, they report issues and identify bugs for escalation to our Tier 3 engineers.
- Be available to receive live daily calls, emails and chats to Triage, and action escalations from Tier 1.
- Provide world-class technical support via telephone, email, and chat for Turnitin customers experiencing escalated technical issues.
- Maintain consistent ticket quality, achieving the agreed-upon target for monthly reviews.
- Proactively support users of the Turnitin products (administrators, instructors, teaching assistants, exam takers and proctors) ensuring problem resolution, system access, optimal system performance, and overall customer happiness.
- Become a Subject Matter Expert on all Turnitin Assessment Products and services.
- Attend Stand-Up meetings with support leadership teams to provide meaningful input from our customers.
- Be the first to identify issues and trends with our support leadership and tier 3 teams to understand issues/trends.
- Share your knowledge across the team through informal training and team meetings & stand-ups.
- Supporting the Quality and Knowledge team with the creation of training modules.
- Point of contact for shadowing new Tier 2 team members.
- Project work during quieter spells to improve team knowledge and processes.
- Prioritize escalated tickets to the Tier 3 team.
- Ensure efficient transfer of information between Tier 1 and support leadership teams.
- Work closely with our Integrations Team.
- Review top issues monthly for external education and ticket reduction.
- Translate technical information into customer-friendly explanations and understandable terms for the Client, Technical Support Team and other departments at Tii
- Recognizing situations that need to be de-escalated or resolved appropriately
- Consistently maintain effective communication with nearshore teams to enhance the customer experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multi-task
- Excel at developing and maintaining good working relationships between Tier 1, Tier 2, Product, Integrations, and Support Leadership teams
- Champion customer centricity at all times, understanding when to push back on advice that does not meet our customer’s expectations
- Actively collaborate with team members on all tasks, projects and assignments to resolve complex issues
- 2 years of Customer Support Experience Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Mac OS
- An understanding of multiple integration paths In-depth knowledge of expert areas: how to configure an integration, awareness of features, bugs & known issues, etc.
- Good technical writing skills, as you will sometimes need to communicate a case to technical teams outside of Technical Support
- Provide ‘White Glove’ support for difficult cases/sensitive customers/at-risk accounts
- Provide coaching to peers who share the same expert area
- Be approachable, so that more junior members of the team come to you for guidance and support, especially with your expert area
- An understanding of Learning Management Systems and how they interact with our service
- Past experience providing global technical and customer service support.
- Past experience in the education field and/or with educational technology products.
- Past experience in an omni-channel contact center environment involving telephone, chat, and email channels.
- Broad understanding of web technologies and Software as a Service (Sass).
Total Rewards @ Turnitin
Turnitin maintains a Total Rewards package that is competitive within the local job market. People tend to think about their Total Rewards monetarily – solely as regular pay plus bonus or commission. This what they earn in exchange for what they do. However, Turnitin delivers more than just these components. Beyond the intrinsic rewards of making a difference in the lives of educators, administrators, learners and researchers around the world, and thriving in an organization that is free of politics and full of humble, inclusive and collaborative teammates, the extrinsic rewards at Turnitin include generous time off and health and wellness programs that offer choice and flexibility and provide a safety net for the challenges that life presents from time to time. In our Remote-First approach to collaborating, you are also able to work the way that best fits your style and situation – whether that be remote, in one of our offices/rented spaces or hybrid.
Turnitin LLC and all related Group and Subsidiary Companies are committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to it programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status.
Our Values underpin everything we do.
- Customer Centric – We realize our mission to ensure integrity and improve learning outcomes by putting educators and learners at the center of everything we do.
- One Team – We strive to break down silos, collaborate effectively, and celebrate each other’s successes.
- Global Mindset – We respect local cultures and embrace diversity. We think globally and act locally to maximize our impact on education.
- Accountability– Holds oneself responsible for required actions, and ensures that team members/colleagues/ peers also own responsibility for their designated tasks while meeting collective team and company goals. All in service of creating a high performing environment
- Collaboration & Influencing– Effectively communicates and cooperates with peers, partners, leaders & customers to achieve outcomes. Builds relationships and creates an environment wherein people can naturally work together for the good of the company and our customers.
- Integrity – We believe integrity is the heartbeat of Turnitin. It shapes our products, the way we treat each other, and how we work with our customers and vendors.
Seeing Beyond the Job Ad
At Turnitin, we recognize it’s unrealistic for candidates to fulfil 100% of the criteria in a job ad. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of the requirements because we know that skills evolve over time. If you’re willing to learn and evolve alongside us, join our team!
Turnitin, LLC is committed to the policy that all persons have equal access to its programs, facilities and employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or veterans status, domestic partner status, AIDS or HIV status, height, weight, or association with members of a protected class.