Agile Soul – Software Mind
Software Mind develops solutions that make an impact for companies around the globe. Tech giants & unicorns, transformative projects, emerging technologies and limitless opportunities – these are a few words that describe an average day for us. Building cross-functional engineering teams that take ownership and crave more means we’re always on the lookout for talented people who bring passion and creativity to every project. Our culture embraces openness, acts with respect, shows grit & guts and combines employment with enjoyment.
Project – the aim you’ll have
As a member of Technical Operations Center team, the Technical Support Engineer provides assistance for operations and delivery of network technology solutions that are in scope of our Client’s portfolio. This is a highly-visible, high-impact position, key in maintaining highest levels of customer satisfaction. Opportunities to train and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills.
You will have a chance to work with innovative technology stack, e.g.:
- Private and Public Cloud infrastructure,
- Cloud-Native applications based on Kubernetes / Openshift,
- vCCAP (fully virtualized Converged Cable Access Platform) and CMTS,
- 4G/5G Core and Radio components,
- and many more.
Position – how you’ll contribute
- Provide technical support at a specialist level, addressing the most complex problems requiring the most advanced skills and understanding of offered products.
- Respond to customer escalations.
- Operate on web-based ticketing system, produce clear documentation of issues and timely resolutions in accordance with established technical support practices and service contracts.
- Collaborate 24/7 with advanced engineering resources to resolve customer hardware and software issues related to product.
- Replicate customer problems in lab environment.
- Configure customer systems and implement workarounds.
- Verify correct operation of customer systems and detect errors.
- Update technical documentation.
- Contribute to the development of department processes and procedures.
- Recommend process changes to improve department and company efficiencies.
- Train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement.
- Take initiative to understand what needs to be done
Expectations – the experience you need
- 3+ years of related Technical Support experience.
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, DOCSIS, CMTS experience.
- Prior Tier-2/3 support or escalation experience in a telecom/networking products environment required.
- Highly proficient in a broad range of technical skills related to the position.
- Expert in Internetworking troubleshooting and best practices.
- Understands multiple layers to a problem and can communicate successfully to others (technical and non-technical) in written and oral form.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting and diagnostic skills.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Creative and self-motivated.
Additional skills – the edge you have
- Understanding of Cable, Fixed and Mobile telecommunication networks architecture.
- Understanding of cloud-native architecture.
- Kubernetes and containerization experience.
Our offer – professional development, personal growth
- Flexible employment and remote work
- International projects with leading global clients
- International business trips
- Non-corporate atmosphere
- Language classes
- Internal & external training
- Private healthcare and insurance
- Multisport card
- Well-being initiatives
Position at: Software Mind Poland