Important note: Chances are, you’re about to find the next great company to have fun with on a long-term basis (and that’s what we’re looking for)!
We’re looking for a Designer with experience in entrepreneurship, software and travel… BUT BEWARE:
We are looking for a badass who will be able to adapt to our style and our culture.
(like any good designer, right?)
Your main mission is to take ownership over the entire UI/UX design.
This is a full-time position, working remotely either from your home or from the country that inspires you.
🎯 Your 14 main goals:
Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
Execute visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering.
Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards.
Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change.
Collaborate with product managers and engineers to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
Conduct user research and evaluate user feedback.
Present designs and key milestone deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders.
Collaborate with the marketing team to define project requirements, schedule, and deliverables.
Design creative assets for various marketing channels such as social media, email, blog, website, and more.
Create and maintain a brand style guide to ensure a consistent brand image across all marketing materials.
Design digital and print advertisements that align with our marketing goals and brand identity.
Use graphic design software to create high-quality visuals including images, infographics, and illustrations.
Create presentation materials for company pitches, investor meetings, and other external communication.
Why join us? ❤️
The team is really cool and ambitious, the offices are amazing – we don’t have any 😂, you can work from wherever you want on our beautiful planet 🌍* and you get to participate in sharing smiles (this is an opportunity to sell a product that doesn’t keep you up at night!).
* If you want a ticket to the moon 🌗 it’s still expensive but we should be able to help reserve a spot for you 😉
It is an opportunity…
* To play a major role in the growth of an ambitious company
* To join a company whose mission is to put people at the heart of its business and to have a real impact on the lives of its customers and their community (owners, travelers, family…)
* The opportunity to contribute to a culture that combines performance, ambition and well-being. A culture so strong that our A players would never consider working anywhere else.
Smily is also…
* A team always in great spirits taking on a global market populated by dinosaurs 🦖🦕or uninspired companies that are just there to take advantage of a market opportunity
* Waking up in the morning with the feeling that you’re making millions of people’s lives better and helping them achieve their dreams
* The ability to work from wherever you want (by the pool, in the woods or on your stand-up desk)
* A remote culture from day one: we’re always experimenting with new ways to make telecommuting as warm and cool as possible. For example, some people challenge themselves to do sports or meditation.
* A company culture based on autonomy
* Being surrounded by A-Players
* A guarantee of being pushed to progress
* A growing company, synonymous with development opportunities!
But that’s not all, because we put team well-being at the heart of our strategy:
* Flexible locations: you’re encouraged to work from wherever inspires and suits you best. Whether it’s to enjoy the best kitesurfing spots 🪁🏄♀️ or spend more time with your family.
* Flexible hours: what’s important to us is the value you bring much more than the time you work – even if you will be required to maintain moments of sharing and communication with the team 😉
* Your own boss: we are partners and work as equals. Our relationship does not work out of a sense of obligation but out of a common will and effort to strengthen it on a daily basis.
* Team building / Team retreats: we meet in a corner of paradise on our planet to share good times together, discuss our vision, celebrate our victories and brainstorm the next crazy challenge.
The ideal candidate: 😍
This is for you if you:
Have a proven UX/UI design experience with a strong portfolio as well as creative designs
Have proficiency in design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Webflow, Adobe XD, Figma, InVision, etc.
Have excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction and a strong sense of typography, color, and layout.
Have a solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps.
Have the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively.
Is up up-to-date with the latest UX/UI trends, techniques, and technologies.
Have excellent communication skills
Have an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects
* An interest in the world of short-term rental and coaching would be a big plus.
Currently we are 50/50 male female and we aspire to be a balanced, inclusive team.
* French: fluent
* English: fluent, all your work must be possible in English too. All our internal communication is done in English!
But this may not be for you…
As you can see, we don’t want people who are just looking for a “job”. We are inspired by a culture of performance and ambition.
We want to do what very few companies have the courage to do, we want to create the exceptional and impact the maximum number of lives.
For this reason, some people imagine that they will work in an easy environment without any pressure.
But we have a very startup-oriented culture where everything is fast-paced and there is a lot of change. Where you are not always told exactly what to do or how to do it.
We tell each other things, even if they are uncomfortable, we prefer growth to ego comfort; we like to share clear and honest feedback. In our company, expressing disagreement and knowing how to argue is valued!
We encourage critical and strategic thinking. We question our assumptions, we’re mindful of our biases, and we seek to put our energy where the leverage is greatest.
Do you experience criticism as a personal attack? Are you ready to receive regular feedback to allow yourself to progress? To take it well? To give it to others? Or even to give it to yourself?
We realize that this is not for everyone.
If all this resonates with you, then we’ll love working with you (and you with us, you’ll be pampered!),come write the next chapter with us.
Interview process How to apply?
❌ Any copied and pasted, non-personalized applications will go straight into the trash.
⚠️ To get to the end of the recruitment process, each candidate might be asked to set up calls with their previous managers. If you’re not comfortable with this idea: don’t apply ⚠️
Simply fill out a short questionnaire by clicking on “Apply for this position”. We will ask you to attach your C.V. (we will not consider incomplete applications) :
In its early days, Google did 12 job interviews.
Apple still does between 9 and 12.
We do 4.
Some may think that’s still too many, but for us it’s the right balance to make sure the job is right for you.
Because we don’t want for you or for us to realize in 3 or 6 months that this job is not for you: we want to do everything we can to avoid that sort of situation, which is always uncomfortable. For you and for us!
* 📞 ⚙️A 60 min TECHNICAL interview to align with what would be expected of you and assess your specific skills
* 📞🌟A 60 min CULTURE interview by Zoom or phone to further understand your background and check in depth alignment with our values and culture
* 📞 👥A 60 min TEAM interview with your future team to ensure the desire to work together on a daily basis
* ⚠️ 👥 Reference Calls: you may be asked to arrange at least 3 calls with former managers or clients for us. We do this because it provides assurance for you and for the team to be surrounded by A-Players, and it’s also a way to get to know you and facilitate your onboarding.