CI Games is looking for an experienced and creative individual to join our team as an Senior Technical Artist. You’ll be joining the team on an ambitious and original open world survival game with a horror thematic. We’re putting a unique twist on the formula, both in mechanics and the environmental challenges we set for the player. Visual quality is paramount, so we’re building in Unreal Engine 5.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Work with level designers, level artists and engineers to bring 3D art into the engine within UE5’s toolsets, pipelines and best practices.
- Provide hands-on support to level artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation within the game.
- Spearhead and proactively share the knowledge with level artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline within UE4.
- Review outsourcing deliveries and identify opportunities for improvements on the pipelines between internal and external teams.
- Provide and review shaders within UE4 to secure visual quality and performance.
- Keep updated with the latest trends within UE4 to secure the 3D art pipeline with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve challenging technical issues.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Ideally at least 2 shipped titles (preferably AAA)
- Passion for horror and survival genre
- Experience of production level shader work and optimisation within Unreal Engine 4
- Strong understanding of the creation of shaders within Unreal Engine 4/5
- Be highly experienced with blueprints and their implementation
- Knowledge of platform strengths and limitations
- Experience with performance profiling tools such as PIX/Razor/In-Engine tools etc.
- High levels of aesthetic attention to detail
- Familiarity working and developing in a multi-platform, multi-project environment.
- Experience with other programs such as Substance Painter / Designer. Zbrush etc
- Strong communication and organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote working with flexible working schedules (core hours 10am-4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming – forever
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.