Senior Product / Project Manager
04/04/21 6:49 pm Product Management 0 Comments
At Grio, the PM is a key member of every project team – combining areas of product management and project management to help our clients and teams to success. As a product / project manager for Grio, you’ll be responsible for:
- Helping clients develop and maintain a product backlog, using your product management experience to collaborate with the client and help them turn their product ideas into workable requirements and user stories
- Working with a cross functional team of clients, designers, and developers to build a product from idea to delivery.
- Advising clients on best practices for web and app development.
- Mentoring clients and other team members on Agile software development best practices.
- Planning sprints, running scrum meetings, and keeping the day to day of a project on track
- Ensuring smooth client communication – you are Grio’s main touchpoint with clients
- Addressing or escalating client concerns, monitoring the project health to address concerns before the client raises them
- Experience in a client facing role, especially previous software development consulting / agency experience
- A history of success managing multiple concurrent projects of varying complexity in multiple industries and at all stages of the product life-cycle, from greenfield/MVP products to mature products. Familiarity with current best practices in modern web and mobile design and development. Excellent skills in multi tasking, organizing, and prioritizing.
- Excellent communication skills. You will need to be comfortable talking tech with developers, reviewing and offering feedback on designs with designers and clients, gathering product requirements from clients, handling customer feedback and distributing it back to the team.
Nice to have
- Experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or similar role (certification not required). Familiarity with Scrum & Agile development practices.
- Experience in a role that required some technical skills (coding, SQL etc) – you know enough to be dangerous.
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail.
Due to the pandemic, our team are all currently working remotely. While we expect to return to a mix of in-person and remote work in the future, candidates from anywhere in the US will be considered for this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package. Compensation includes profit sharing bonuses paid twice per year, an unusually nice 401k match, paid health/dental/LTD insurance (Grio pays 50% coverage for spouse and dependents), along with a competitive vacation policy.