This is a mid to upper-level full-time product engineering role where you will work at the individual contributor level on our Finance product team. On this team, you will help to build and improve our Student Billing and Accounting product. Student Billing is used by schools to manage charges, payments, and statements for students and their families. The Accounting product is used by schools to manage their general ledger and accounts payable/accounts receivable. Having an all-in-one integrated billing, accounting, and school information system improves the lives of school staff and families as it brings otherwise complex workflows into one streamlined systems.
This role is dynamic and offers opportunities for technical growth. This is an exciting time to join this team as we embark on a major refresh of our accounting system and continue to invest in our Payments platform, which is the fastest growing part of Veracross.
Our engineering team is remote-friendly, distributed, and has employees in a variety of states and contractors in several countries. While our headquarters are in Wakefield, MA and proximity to this location are a plus, candidates are encouraged to apply from anywhere.
What to Expect
- Contribute to the Finance team at the individual and team level.
- Provide technical mentorship for team members.
- Improve and maintain our Ruby on Rails applications.
- Improve and maintain our products through SQL code.
- Build new features within our flagship product, Axiom.
- With Product Management, participate in the development of new features and platform improvements.
- Enable other product areas, such as Admissions and Fundraising, to leverage our payments platform.
- Expand our internal tools to automate and improve workflows.
- Assist in documenting Finance team systems and tools.
- Integrate Veracross with third-party systems used by private K-12 schools.
You’ll be a good fit if you have …
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent technical organization and planning skills.
- The ability to perform technical responsibilities remotely in a mostly asynchronous environment.
- The ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- 4+ years of professional programming experience.
- Experience in web programming.
- Experience with accounting applications.
- Experience with relational databases.
- Experience with source control, especially git.
- Experience with financial systems.
- Experience with tuition management software a plus.
- Experience with payment processing applications a plus.
- A service- and team-oriented mindset.
- US Citizenship.
- 3 weeks of vacation per year
- 14 paid holidays per year (including the week off between Christmas and New Year’s Eve)
- Top tier benefits –
- Medical, Dental & Vision (Blue Cross Blue Shield & EyeMed)
- Veracross LLC Fidelity 401(k) Plan – Managed by Sentinel Benefits
- Gym in the Wakefield Office
We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We seek to infuse diversity and inclusion in everything we do while promoting a culture where differences are embraced as strengths; opportunities are equal and accessible; consideration and respect are the norm; and all team members are supported in reaching their full potential.