At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise!
Avakin Life is one of the Worlds largest and most populous metaverses, providing a full and immersive 3D life simulation experience for our millions of players. At the heart of this World are the experiences which we provide our players and, working with our busy experience design team, you will create, maintain and propose new content for Avakin’s vibrant, bustling communities.
With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re passionate about shaping the future of online communities and products, then this role could be for you! We are able to offer this position as a fully remote role however please note, semi-regular attendance in our UK (Nottingham or Cambridge) or Portugal (Lisbon) offices may be required.
Tech and Development:
- Creation and ownership of new in-game events as part of a small content team.
- Resurfacing, maintenance, and improvements to previously constructed events.
- Test and debug new content to ensure that it is functional and meets quality standards.
- Monitor player feedback and data to identify areas for improvement and make necessary adjustments to the content.
- Collaborate with the tech team to produce specifications that any designs might need new technology
- Design new highly engaging experiences to meet key KPI’s and players engaged.
- Produce clear high level designs for experiences that can be communicated to the team.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure that new content aligns with the overall vision and direction of the game.
- Use data to help inform new and resurfacing decisions on what experiences to make.
- Create engaging dialogue and narrative as needed.
- Strong scripting skills with experience using Lua / Unreal blueprints or similar.
- Experience in game design with a focus on creating engaging and immersive content.
- Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and ability to forge strong, positive relationships across teams whilst at times under pressure.