(Senior) iOS Engineer
Senior iOS Engineer – Outside, Inc. – Gaia GPS
Come join the team at Outside, Inc./ Gaia GPS team as a Senior iOS Engineer. In this role you will build software for some of the wildest adventures on earth and help people explore the backcountry with cutting edge data and tools. You will work closely with a small team of IOS Developers. This team has recently shaped features such as offline routing and CarPlay integration to our passionate users. We have extensive infrastructure based on open street maps and other open data and tools.
This job is 100% remote
Each team here at Gaia GPS cross-platform skills (iOS, Android, Web, Design and sets it’s own roadmap in collaboration with user support and marketing. The Gaia G has a software culture – marketing, support and management folks do a lot of coding to improve ops and help with the product.
- 3+ years experience in Objective C and Swift
- Have a history of publishing apps on the Appstore
- Experience in a tech lead role
- Passion for Maps or outdoor adventure
- Experience in our Stack is a plus – our front end includes Swift/Objective C, Android, Java, React and node.js. Our backend includes Postgres, PostGIS, AWS, Django/Python, and Docker.
- B.S. in Computer Science or relevant work history
Why You’ll Love Working at Outside – Gaia GPS
- We are passionate about outdoor and active lifestyle participants and live the lifestyle ourselves
- We are a technological and data-driven business
- We are committed to active lifestyle participants and will provide them with the world’s most personalized content that inspires and motivates them by understanding them better than any platform in the world
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively and trying new things
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative
- We take what we do seriously. We don’t take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- You will be proud to say that you work for Outside, Inc./Gaia GPS and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
Entirely remote jobs that could be performed in Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $60,000 to $80,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus. Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment reference check.