SketchDeck is building the model for the next generation of creative agencies. Through a combination of technology, partnership, and a global talent community, SketchDeck gives marketers access to quality creative on demand. We work with clients from startups to well-known enterprise brands such as Dropbox, Rémy Cointreau, and Asana.
At SketchDeck, our global community is united by our values. Together we commit to:
- Work as a team
- Push boundaries
- Act with humility
- Take ownership
- Have heart
As a remote-first company, these core values serve as the operating principles for our daily behaviors. They are more to us than a few feel-good mantras. Being a SketchDecker means you hold yourself and others accountable for preserving and progressing our culture.
The Senior Full Stack Engineer is involved in all stages of software development, including front-end development, back-end development, database integrations, user interface, user experience, and back-end server management.
The ideal candidate has a desire and drive to solve problems in every area of B2B, customer-facing software product development, including
- Developing comprehensive new feature proposals from back-end to front-end, implementation-ready
- Working with customers and co-workers across different business functions and disparate domains to capture user experience feedback, user stories and product requirements.
- Working with designers and team members to develop and evolve user interfaces and experience.
- Write effective REST APIs and technical documentation
- Build features for a single-page application using Angular & Typescript.
- Design and build database interfaces.
- Work with a team of developers with deep experience in frontend technologies, distributed microservices, and full-stack systems
- Work with Node stack built on AWS.
- Work with our team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions in full-stack development tools and technologies
- Write automated test cases to ensure the correctness, responsiveness, and efficiency of the software product
- Provide expertise to influence project, initiative, and maintenance technical direction during discovery, planning, and implementation stages.
- Maintain modern development standards with best-practice approaches and development processes
What we are looking for
- Experience with object-oriented and functional software design.
- Experience with document-oriented databases.
- Minimum 5 years of professional software development experience (related fields do not qualify)
- Minimum 3 years experience with any front-end single-page application framework (e.g. Angular, React, Vue), 1 year experience with Angular
- Minimum of 2 years working directly with the non-technical users of a software product they’ve developed
- 2 professional references we can talk to on a call.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. By joining the team, you will get:
- Salary range: $100,000 – $150,000
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- 401(k) with company match
- Fully remote working (that started pre-covid and will continue after!)
- Paid time off that grows with tenure
- Annual company retreat
- Computer hardware of your choice (up to $1500)
- $500 towards your office setup expenses
- To work with a talented team of creatives, business people, and engineers!