HeadLight, founded in 2005, delivers industry-leading technology solutions that have revolutionized the infrastructure construction industry. Our photo-driven inspection and verification technology enables our customers to streamline and mobilize project inspections, communications, and documentation leading to superior project deliveries. We have a variety of customers ranging from state departments of transportation, top-tier engineering firms, contractors, equipment manufacturers, and industry-related materials companies. The opportunities to shape and provide efficiencies to the infrastructure construction industry are endless!
Come join the Headlight team!
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer, you get to bring your passion for software to help lead development projects and mentor other engineers. You will work with a talented team to expand our reach into the infrastructure construction space, building an innovative platform, reducing customers’ budget, time, and risk. You will collaborate with engineers, program/ product managers, and test engineers to deliver critical applications and improve upon HeadLight’s existing platform.
What You Will Get To Do:
- Design and implement software front end infrastructure & solutions, with a focus on customer experience, security, performance, and scalability
- Own cross-team initiatives from concept to delivery
- Mentor engineers and participate in code reviews to ensure a high level of engineering rigor
- Define, refine, and implement engineering standards in collaboration with other Senior Engineers and the team
- Develop and refine system-level designs and drive implementation via the larger team
- Deliver well documented systems that are self-sustaining, scalable, and easy to audit
- Collaborate with internal and external partners
- Specify and implement platform changes to achieve massive scalability
- Integrate the HeadLight platform with third party systems
- Identify areas of opportunity in process, technology, and our product
- Be part of an amazing team that’s helping redefine an industry
How You Will Be Successful
- We Invest with Intention: With limited time, we choose our investments carefully to maximize our impact. We prioritize investments in understanding, leading to better decisions. We choose investments that will pay dividends over time. We invest as a team, with shared purpose and drive.
- We Bias Towards Action: We choose to act fast and be nimble. We seek data to guide our actions, take calculated risks, and evaluate our successes and failures. We celebrate our wins, and learn from our mistakes.
- We Earn Trust: We are mindful of our impact. We discover opportunities and generate alignment through transparent communication. We honor commitments to our teams, customers and each other, building a foundation for trust.
- We Cultivate Ownership Culture: We hold each other accountable for delivering outcomes that achieve shared goals. We seek opportunities to tap in, and make decisions and commitments in service to company growth.
- We Are Customer Focused: We are strategic partners, listening and guiding without bias. We work to deeply understand our customers to help reach shared goals, leveraging our technology and collective expertise. We deliver best-in-class products and solutions in service of infrastructure.
- We Embrace Growth Mindset: We embrace learning, viewing challenges not as barriers to progress, but rather as opportunities for growth. We are comfortable with being uncomfortable. We know when to lean in and when to ask for help.
- Enthusiasm to learn and innovate in the infrastructure construction software space
- Customer-focused mindset for building products that meet the needs of our users
- Passion and experience mentoring and growing your fellow engineers
- Aspiration to be challenged in a fast paced and growing environment and to make a direct impact on the industry and organization
- Technical thought leadership and mentorship
- 6+ years of systems programming experience in web design and UI development
- Strong experience with CSS and related frameworks such as Bootstrap and HTML development
- Strong experience with responsive development and design
- Experience with Docker and container-based development
- Experience with delivering cloud-based software through cloud services like AWS
- Strong experience with Git
- Paid Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid Time Off
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Telecommunications Benefit
- 401K Match
- And More
- Salary Range $175,000-$200,000 Annual