Lovevery is a fast-growing digitally native brand co-founded by successful serial entrepreneurs and based in Boise, Idaho. Our customers are parents, and our mission is to help them feel confident they are giving their children meaningful development experiences in the critical early years of life. Taking a science-based approach, Lovevery products have won awards from Red Dot, Parents’ Choice, and NAPPA. TIME Magazine named The Play Kits subscription offering as one of the Best Inventions of 2018 along with AdAge awarding Lovevery with DTC Brand of the Year for 2023.
As we grow our company, the need for fresh, high quality, and effective creative continues to increase. Lovevery is looking for a Production Designer to collaborate and execute smart, beautiful design solutions. The Production Designer will work closely with Creative and Product Development teams to prepare final, press-ready files based on provided specifications. Projects range across packaging, play guides, books, instruction manuals, and safety & warning booklets. The ideal candidate will have experience making artwork production-ready, tracking versioning and change requests, packaging files for release, and performing press checks.
- Proven ability to prepare and package files for hard goods, soft goods, and printed materials production.
- Have an extremely sharp eye for every detail and understanding of the overall design system
- Significant experience working directly with factories to make pre-press corrections.
- Significant experience reviewing samples and knowing which type of samples to request at each stage of development
- Work with business owners to create effective solutions for printed materials
- Experience working with ICC profiles
- Deep understanding of hard goods, soft goods, and printed material production processes
- Keen attention to detail
- Portfolio samples showing proper layout and typesetting application.
- Collaborate daily with Creative and Product Development teams
- Maintain exceptionally high creative standards
- Inspire new ways of thinking, using fresh and unique approaches to design problems
- A sharp eye for details — You keep track of versioning, image and copy changes, and formatting for production.
- Strong knowledge of design elements and principles — You understand the systems of graphic design in order to create work that is both aesthetically beautiful and effective.
- Project Management — Work ethic, responsiveness, and results orientation matter in every role at Lovevery. With everyone driving hard to achieve the company’s goals, it is critical to have strong project planning skills.
- Collaboration — Work with Creative, Product Development, and stakeholders to execute highly detailed and accurate print materials.
- Communication — You are comfortable working with all business strategy managers throughout the creative process to meet design objectives and timelines.
- 4 year BA / BFA Degree in Graphic Design or other design related field
- 5+ years of experience in a Production Design role
- A compelling portfolio of work, showcasing your print experience with longform type layout and packaging design
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Process and take action on creative feedback
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks at one time through excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Responsible by nature
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
The Benefits/Perks You’ll Enjoy
- Competitive salary, benefits and stock option package
- 3 weeks PTO in year 1 +14 paid holidays
- Generous parental leave
- Any equipment you need to get the job done
- Free/discounted Lovevery products
Based on market data and other factors, the salary range for this position is $53,000 to $60,000. However, a salary higher or lower than this range may be appropriate for a candidate whose qualifications differ meaningfully from those listed in the job description.
Lovevery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in all forms. All employment decisions at Lovevery are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, HIV status, marital status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.