Product Director (Social), Flo
Flo is an AI-powered health and wellbeing app for women and girls, which supports them during their entire reproductive period. Using cutting-edge technology, we combine scientific knowledge, clinical experience, and the power of community to improve the health and wellbeing of every girl and woman worldwide every day. Already 36 million women and girls use Flo monthly in order to make healthier choices and live a well-balanced life, with 7.5 million in the US alone making Flo #1 period tracker for American women and girls. Since August Flo has been the most downloaded Health app in the AppStore.
The community team at Flo knows that our users are the heartbeat of our product. Our mission is to help women and girls worldwide feel ownership over their bodies and gain knowledge and confidence in the subjects that pertain to their health, wellbeing, sexuality and autonomy. While the world has made great strides in the past century, the female body and health related issues are often still censored and sanitized, stifled by myths and feelings of shame driven by taboo and stigma and we have a lot of work ahead of us. In the past two years we built the first version of the product and established trust with the users and now we are looking for the leader to take it to the next stage.
- Evaluate the existing community product
- Define a long-term vision for Flo community for all segments of users, create community strategy that is aligned with Flo product vision and business goals, create a roadmap and drive high-quality execution to realize it
- Define organizational needs for the team, hire if needed, coach your senior employees building up future leaders
- Partner with other functional leads: product, growth, marketing, brand/social media and localization to determine the cross-Flo strategy for Flo community
- Create a strong team culture for listening to users and empowering them
- 8-10 years of experience in product management with 3-5 years in community driven product or product with a strong social component (candidates without community experience won’t be considered)
- Proven track record of setting vision and strategic goals for community product, translating strategic goals into a roadmap, OKRs, staffing requirements, a team structure
- Experience effectively managing a community team working on a global product
- Experience collaborating and influencing cross-functionally, building relationships with other teams
- Demonstrated ability to work in a startup or other fast-paced environment