This is a remote position open to applicants living in Argentina or Uruguay.
Would you like to work on meaningful, ambitious products with an exceptional team?
Rotunda is seeking an experienced Node.js Backend Developer to help create a new generation of software tools for nonprofits. Our flagship products are actively used by over 3,500 organizations and one million volunteers. The person who fills this position will help design and implement a set of microservices that power the future growth of these products. In addition to excellent technical skills, this position requires strong communication and organizational skills, and the ability to work well in a fast-paced, flexible, and ego-free environment.
Rotunda is a talented, dedicated, international team, passionate about doing meaningful work and building extraordinary products that people love. Our mission is to help people do good things, and our unique culture is rooted in a set of shared values.
- Participate in three week, self-regulated development sprints
- Learn, leverage, and create specialized application architecture
- Help design and implement purpose-oriented microservices
- Proactively identify and prioritize areas for improvement, large and small
- Carefully track action items to maintain the efficiency of the team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent working experience
- Attention to detail and a passion for writing well-structured and tested code
- Proficiency with Node.js
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database design
- Familiarity with the AWS ecosystem
- Advanced proficiency in English
- A desire to do exceptional work on meaningful products
- Salary determined by experience, minimum USD 5K + bonus
- Flexible working hours
- A freedom unique to self-funded, profitable companies
- A strong, closely-knit team
- A focus on growth including one-on-one mentoring and capacity building courses
- Work-life balance and a fully remote work environment done right
- Retreats (past destinations include Uruguay, San Francisco, Mexico, and Costa Rica)
- Paid sabbatical program