What do we believe in?
BeReal is your daily dose of real life. Meaningful connections, spontaneous moments and authentic real life!
At BeReal we are a fast-paced environment with ambitious, committed, and caring colleagues. We are a small team of 50+ people all around the world. BeReal will be the place for you if you are looking for a place to grow both technically and as an individual. Whilst our app reaches millions of users a day, we are still a small start-up – we are scrappy, we aren’t perfect, we move fast and we are a lean team with a focus on accountability and transparency. If that sounds like your kind of place… keep reading.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Junior Product Designer to join our small dynamic product team. You will join 2 senior designers to surprise and delight our users while prioritising a world class user experience.
As a Junior Product Designer you will:
- Support Product and the Design teams to turn conceptual ideas into impactful solutions for millions of users.
- Support on the design process for assigned projects, partnering with product and engineering teams, as well as cross-departmental partners to understand our users needs, opportunities, and appropriate solutions.
- Communicate with relevant stakeholders on proposed solutions, presenting demos and potentially prototypes.
- Engage with our research and data team members to gain UX insights to inform designs.
- Work alongside engineering to refine implemented designs, holding a high standard to ensure work is accessible, bug-free, and performant.
- Participate in design reviews with the wider Product team to provide and seek feedback
- Take ownership over a variety of run the business design needs, from creating collateral for help center and app store materials to supporting marketing and business development design needs.
- Be comfortable working across other areas of the business to support design needs – we are a small scrappy team, sometimes marketing or leadership need design help!
- Be excited to work in a small team in a growing start up – you will need to be flexible and comfortable working in an ever changing environment.
What you’ll bring:
- At least 2 years experience working at a high viability consumer apps and managing the design process from ideation to execution – with a portfolio exhibiting great visual design execution.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to communicate and articulate design decisions effectively.
- Experience in handling multiple complex projects simultaneously and at a fast pace.
- Communication and presentation skills, ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to drive work forward.
- Obsessive over learning and understanding how to best serve the user, and desire to create unique and frictionless experiences.
- Proactive, organized, curious, humble and empathetic.
- High Competence in Figma – bonus if you have some prototyping experience with Protopie.
- You will be deeply passionate about BeReals brand vision and values in our quest to help create authentic and meaningful experiences.
- Your application will not be considered if you do not provide a portfolio/website
How do we work?
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team to find a work mode that is best for them! We trust our team members to get great work done.
- We have an office based in Paris and if you are in Europe you would be expected to come to the office for 2 days each month (it’s fun to get to know everyone) and in the US to meet with the rest of the US team (usually in NYC) for 2 days every 6 weeks
- We have 3 weeks per year (Sunday – Friday) where the whole company gets together for ‘Away Weeks’ somewhere in the world (usually Europe)
- Where in the world? For this role, we are looking for someone based in France, Spain, UK, Portugal or North America.
- Full flexibility: full remote, partial or in office (if you are in Europe)
- Competitive compensation and equity for full time employees (we want you to have ownership in the business)
- Anything that can help you grow in your role or beyond, it’s on us
- health coverage for you, and equal parental leave policy
- Generous vacation (everyone needs meaningful time off)
- Pick your work material – whatever supports you to do your best work
Our First Principles:
- Extreme Ownership
We are building a small team from scratch and are determined to build the most trustful social network to connect people together. So if you recognize yourself in this description, please contact us to introduce yourself.
P.S: We are building a diverse team. It’s OK if you don’t tick all the boxes. If you’re talented and highly motivated, we’d still like to hear from you