(Junior) Industrial Designer
Rocketbook reusable notebooks have revolutionized the way millions of people use and digitize handwritten notes at work and in the classroom. In the past few years, we’ve become a disruptive force in the office supply industry by delivering a unique blend of digital and physical innovation. We’re just getting started in our mission to revolutionize personal and team productivity.
The Product team is growing and we are looking for a creative and innovative Junior Industrial Designer. Your mission will be to improve the design of existing physical products and design innovative ones that will become best-sellers on Amazon and get into the hands of millions of users. You will have a massive impact on the company trajectory as you will design and build concepts that will fuel Rocketbook’s next phase of crazy growth.
Who YOU are:
- 2+ years of Industrial Design or Physical Product Design experience (experience in lifestyle or stationery products is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Engineering, or a related field
- Strong skills in 2D and 3D design tools (CAD, Solidworks, Keyshot, and Adobe CC) to produce detailed manufacturer-ready specs
- Effective sketching and ideation skills in both analog and digital formats
- Comfort with physical prototyping utilizing 3D printers and a variety of other methods
- Strong creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- A deep understanding of the product development process.
- High mechanical aptitude and understanding of basic engineering principles to solve design and manufacturing challenges
- Knowledge of mass manufacturing techniques such as injection molding, casting, and machining
- Some familiarity and experience working with global manufacturing partners
- Evidence of effective leadership and initiative
- An eye for good design, attention to detail, and a strong understanding of magical user experiences
- Ability to anticipate, adapt, and iterate quickly
What you’ll DO:
- Work closely with the the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams to generate new concepts and ideas to evolve our physical product offerings
- Conduct market and user research to provide insight and feedback for guiding product development
- Communicate high impact concepts through effective storytelling using 2D sketches, 3D modeling, and physical prototypes
- Prototype continuously and iteratively, from quick sketches to refined 3D prototypes
- Continuously test designs and concepts with users for quick feedback
- Work closely with the Operations teams to improve existing products and optimize supply chain
- Collaborate with our manufacturing partners to source and sample materials and products before getting them ready for prototyping and mass production
- Create high quality CAD
- Assist in miscellaneous projects including packaging and print design
- Competitive salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Flexible and unlimited vacation policy
- 401(K) plan with match
- Remote-work friendly
Rocketbook is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.