Imagine Learning: Product Designer
03/30/21 7:47 am Design 0 Comments
Headquarters: Scottsdale, AZ
Want to have a positive impact on the world? At Imagine Learning, we change the lives of K-12 students and open doors of opportunity by serving students with the industry’s best language, literacy and math software. We’re an ed-tech industry leader and growing fast.
Weld North Education (WNE) is a leading digital education technology company focused on developing digital curriculum and tools for K-12 students. At WNE, we focus on building the best digital curriculum capabilities and resources to enable teachers, administrators, parents, and students to benefit from innovative technologies designed to maximize potential. Our teams are creating the future of integrated curriculum and assessments to transform the way teachers teach and students learn.
A Day in the Life as a Product Designer, Mid
- Develop an understanding of the problem space as experienced by our end-users within the educator and admin experiences.
- Lead design activities across all stages of product design and development.
- Use your full range of user experience design, visual design, and data visualization, you will craft insightful experiences and interactions that deal with complexity in a beautiful way.
- Gather information from stakeholders, identify requirements, and successfully translate these into buildable interactions and interfaces.
- Collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of product owners, designers, and engineers.
- Apply empathy to users and evaluate concepts through user research and usability testing.
- Interview users to test your work, iterate on the work, and validate the final result.
- 4+ years of user interface and data visualization design.
- Strong knowledge of the tools of the trade and the ability to be nimble and resourceful if constraints arise.
- Strong experience with standard charts, visualizations, and best practices.
- Strong experience in visual design, interaction design, and prototyping.
- Experience with design systems.
- Seasoned practitioner in both qualitative and quantitative data. Ability to communicate data in a creative visualization that is interactive and engaging.
- Experience with design thinking methodology and activities.
- Experience working with product managers, researchers, designers, and engineers.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
- Familiarity with web accessibility.
- Interest in working with other departments to design data visualizations and info-graphics.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer competitive salaries and benefit choices. Our health & welfare benefits provide full-time employees both choice and value to meet the needs of our diverse workforce. We offer multiple health, dental, and vision plans to choose from including accident/critical illness insurance, pet insurance, identity protection, and others. We also provide (at no cost to employees) life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO, holidays, volunteer time off, and paid bonding leave, among others. We contribute to an employee’s 401(k) and HSA account. And to support professional growth, we offer multiple training and development programs through our in-house university.
Equal Opportunity Employer
WNE is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/imagine-learning-product-designer