Are you ready to be a big part of something big?
At carsales, we’re all about making buying and selling a great experience. For 25 years we’ve been evolving with the new economy to help people choose how they move today and tomorrow.
When it comes to your career, we want to provide big opportunities to help you make a big impact. But for this to be possible, we strive to feel small. Small enough to quickly change tack, small enough to learn from different departments and small enough to connect authentically with leadership.
Not something you’d expect from one of the country’s biggest tech companies, is it?
And one of the best parts? We give you the autonomy to choose the working location that best suits your lifestyle – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere.
What’s on offer:
A place where you can move your career forward, where you’ll be continuously backed to make new ideas happen, and the chance to do work that makes real, significant impact in the world.
- We’re proud to be recognised as one of Australia’s Best Workplaces™ by Great Place to Work®, an AFR BOSS Best Place to Work, a Family Friendly Workplace, and WGEA Employer of Choice for Gender Equality.
The support of a highly engaged, high-performing team including a leadership team that’s you’ll actually have face time with.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, four weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, six weeks paid gender affirming care leave.
What you’ll do:
Marketing, Content and Customer come together to create the stories and campaigns that inspire and educate as well as provide strategic, innovative and cost-effective solutions for our customers. They’re a nimble and collaborative team that offers the full suite of services that you’d find in a digital design agency.
This is your opportunity to join carsales in a permanent role as a Head of Creative and Brand Design. You will lead, grow and develop Carsales` inhouse agency and creative functions on the marketing team, and be responsible for bringing ideas to life and impacting brand and business results through creativity.
Working closely with the broader marketing team, as well as other teams across the business, such Product and Product Design, this role will be responsible for delivering creative work across all our target audiences. This is an exciting opportunity and a pivotal role in shaping the future and direction of our marketing program.
- Lead, inspire, and mentor a team of talented designers, copywriters, and marketing professionals. Foster a culture of creativity, collaboration, and high-performance within the in-house agency.
- Oversee the creation of innovative marketing campaigns, from concept to execution, that target consumers, car dealerships, advertising agencies, and OEMs. These campaigns should effectively communicate our value proposition and drive engagement and conversions.
- Provide clear creative direction and ensure the team’s work is in line with the overall brand strategy. Review and approve design concepts, marketing materials, and advertising content.
- Develop and maintain a compelling visual identity, including logos, typography, color schemes, and design elements. Ensure that the visual identity is consistent and resonates with our target audience.
- Collaborate with the content team to develop high-quality, engaging content for every channel, including social media.
- Stay informed about industry trends and consumer behaviour in the automotive market. Use market research to inform design and marketing decisions.
- Manage the budget for the creative activities, including resource allocation, vendor relationships, agencies and project expenses.
- Work closely with other departments, such as sales, product development, and customer support, to ensure that marketing and design efforts are aligned with overall company goals.
What are we looking for?
- A highly collaborative, problem solver who can see the big picture and think strategically
- Proven track record of delivering end-to-end creative projects that have focused on driving direct business impact, through the form of marketing and design.
- Exceptional ability to tell stories through creativity, to stakeholders at all levels, from coordinators to executives, and from non-technical stakeholders to technical stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, with a track record of successfully managing creative teams.
- In-depth knowledge of branding principles, design software, video/motion softwares, and marketing strategies.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in design tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Powerpoint and Keynote
A few other things we want to let you know about…
- carsales is an equal opportunity employer and we pride ourselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time work. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process – if you want to know more just ask.
- We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
- Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.
So come and join our team – because every role is a big role in our plans to go big.