Equip is the leading virtual, evidence-based eating disorder treatment program on a mission to ensure that everyone with an eating disorder can access treatment that works. Created by clinical experts in the field and people with lived experience, Equip builds upon evidence-based treatments to empower individuals to reach lasting recovery. All Equip patients receive a dedicated care team, including a therapist, dietitian, physician, and peer and family mentor. The company operates in all 50 states and is partnered with most major health insurance plans. Learn more about our strong outcomes and treatment approach at www.equip.health Founded in 2019, Equip has been a fully virtual company since its inception and is proud of the highly-engaged, passionate, and diverse Equisters that have created Equip’s culture. Recognized by Time as one of the most influential companies of 2023, along with awards from Linkedin and Lattice, we are grateful to Equipsters for building a sustainable treatment program that has served thousands of patients and families.
We are looking for an experienced product leader to come and join us at a time of rapid growth to help build our platform to support eating disorder treatments. This position is a critical and instrumental member of the leadership team in charge of strategically shaping, defining, and executing our product roadmap working alongside our patients, providers and other internal teams. This role will own and drive OKRs for our product organization and will lead and mentor a team of product owners.
- Drive the full product lifecycle from research, concept, validation, design, specification, development, launch, and beyond for Equip’s provider application with a focus on improving provider experience and streamlining clinical workflows.
- Work closely with Product Owners, Design, Engineering, Clinical, Marketing, Business Development, Legal, and other cross-functional teams to develop and ship products.
- Coordinate and participate in development activities including daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, retrospectives, sprint planning, and other scrum ceremonies
- Answer business and technical questions from developers or others on the team to remove blockers and facilitate efficient developmentBecome a strong advocate for the customer and ecosystem partners, including third party partners and SDK partners.
- Define product goals and track the success of the features that we launch.
- Understand the competitive landscape and use customer feedback to iterate on features, identify new opportunities and develop strategies for capturing those opportunities.
- Integrate usability studies, research, and market analysis into product requirements to enhance customer/user satisfaction.
- 5+ years of experience as a product manager within a fast-paced, agile environment.
- BA/BS degree in IT, Computer Science or other related field.
- A track record of owning features and product development end-to-end.
- Proven track record of delivering features that have significantly increased engagement and retention.
- Excellent written and presentation skills; ability to distill complex problems into simple documentation tailored to the audience.
- Strong business sense, intellectual curiosity, and desire to become a subject matter expert in eating disorder treatments.
- Excellent analytical ability to distill complex requirements from multiple stakeholders to simple concepts and optimized solutions.
- Front-end and backend technical experience with SaaS web and mobile applications to be able to have meaningful discussions with engineers about architecture and product decisions.
- Proven ability to successfully collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, develop, and deliver great products for providers, patients and families.
- You take a data-focused approach to understanding customer needs, translate strategic objectives into action, and prioritize to improve value delivered
- Self-motivation and drive, with the ability to work independently.
- A high degree of empathy towards Equip’s users and your own teammates.
- Focus on shipping products, and is able to make trade-offs that require prioritizing different competing demands.
- A laser-focus on delivery of results and commitments, while also holding others accountable for the commitments they have made.
Bonus if you have the following
- Experience in a fast paced startup environment
- Passion for mental health and eating disorder treatment
- Healthcare software product management experience
Compensation and Benefits:
Equip offers competitive compensation and benefits programs as well as, career development opportunities, and exciting team retreats to ensure community and connection. The Talent Acquisition team will provide candidates with our benefit guide and share compensation information beyond posted bands. Below we have highlighted a list of some of our most popular benefits.
Short and long term incentives, including yearly bonus potential
Remote work from home
Flexible PTO & Leave programs
Health, dental, and vision insurance
Wellness and reproductive care programs
401k retirement savings plan
Home office set-up stipend
Co-working monthly stipend
Equal Employment Opportunity:
At Equip, we believe that our diverse perspectives are our biggest strengths — and that embracing them will create real change in healthcare. As an equal opportunity employer, we provide equal opportunity in all aspects of employment, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and promotion, termination, and any other terms and conditions of employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, familial status, age, weight, disability and/or any other legally protected classification protected by federal, state, or local law.