What is Greenline?
We are a Canadian cannabis point-of-sale (POS) with the vision of building the most reliable, scalable and secure omni-channel retail experience in the world. We have a rapidly growing team that’s distributed across Canada, working remotely to support 250+ retail stores that process millions of payments a year.
Why do you want to work here?
- “Find something you love to do and you’ll never work a day in your life.”
- We’re passionate about our work and we have fun every day
- We care about you and where you want to take your career; pick your project and things you want to do, we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Have an idea? Know a better way of doing things? Tell us about it, let’s make it happen
- You like to work on hard problems and be challenged on a daily basis
- Our goal is to put the right people in the right place and let them focus on doing what they do best. It’s simple we get the best out of you and you get the best out of us.
Types of projects?
- Problems of Scale: We tripled last year, we plan to do the same this year or better.
- Building shared / reusable React components (Web, iOS, Android)
- Mobile App Development with React Native (iOS and Android)
Who you are, and why we’d want you?
- Developer, coder, builder.
- Experienced being a technical lead
- Comfortable setting technical direction, patterns and practices
- You not only advocate for good quality code and best practices but lead by example
- Team player and not afraid to speak up
- There’s no room for code ego when you’re looking at personal growth. Best idea wins with a team
- Intimate knowledge of React, ReactNative, and Typescript
- Understand state management using MobX (or Redux)
How we work?
- “The process serves the work”
- Improving the team through mentorship, proposing improvements, and sharing knowledge
- If there are better ways of doing something, let’s do it.
- Stack: Typescript, React, ReactNative, MobX
- Platforms: Web, iOS, Android
- AWS: ECS, ECR, RDS, Lambda, EventBridge, SQS, etc.
- Tools: GitHub, New Relic, TravisCI, AWS CLI, AWS CDK
- Process: Agile, Sprints, Retros, Design Sessions, Pull Requests, Paired Programming, Lunch’n Learns
- Location: 100% Remote, Work from anywhere in Canadian time zones