StartOut is the leading national non-profit focused on supporting LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs. StartOut’s mission is to accelerate the growth of the LGBTQ+ community to drive its economic empowerment, building a world where every LGBTQ+ entrepreneur has equal access to lead, succeed, and shape the workforce of the future.
Founded in 2009, StartOut is a global community of over 25K members and is the largest organization supporting LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs. We serve all growth entrepreneurs of the LGBTQ+ community regardless of ethnicity, identity, or gender. Our membership is diverse in gender, race, identity, geographic location, and industries. To level the playing field and have measurable impact, we offer a highly subsidized suite of very successful programs to founders, including our investor portal, the StartOut Growth Lab (our 6-month accelerator), a mentorship program with over 1,000 matches to date, expert office hours, virtual and in-person events nationwide, and community building.
StartOut is committed to promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging both within our own organization and within the LGBTQ+ and entrepreneurial communities. This includes inclusive hiring practices, an organizational commitment to equitable and inclusive conduct (outlined in our Code of Conduct,) and initiatives and programs to increase equitable outcomes, especially for female-identified, BIPOC and Trans/GNC community members.
Additionally, StartOut is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants of any race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, neurotype, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. In order to promote and support diversity at every level, this policy also applies to internal promotions, training, opportunities for advancement, terminations, outside vendors, members and customers, service clients, use of contractors and consultants, and dealings with the general public.
About the Role
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Digital Marketing Associate to join our team at StartOut. The ideal candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker with a passion for leveraging social media and other digital platforms to enhance brand visibility, engage our audience, and drive community growth. As the Digital Marketing Associate, you will focus primarily on developing and implementing our social media strategy across various channels as well as assisting the Marketing Manager in executing additional marketing initiatives.
- Develop and curate engaging and shareable content that aligns with StartOut’s mission and values and promotes our programs and highlights our members
- Ensure digital content and marketing materials are accessible to all audiences, and stay informed about relevant legal and ethical guidelines pertaining to accessibility in digital marketing
- Create visually appealing graphics, videos, and other multimedia content for social media platforms
- Manage and oversee all social media accounts, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok
- Monitor and respond to social media comments, messages, and mentions in a timely and professional manner
- Work closely with the Marketing Manager to develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that increases our engagement and growth
- Analyze social media trends, user engagement data, and industry benchmarks to refine and optimize strategies
- Build and maintain a sense of community among StartOut’s audience through active engagement and participation in relevant conversations on social media
- Identify and collaborate with influencers, partners, and organizations within the StartOut community to broaden our reach and impact
Analytics and Reporting
- Track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the success of social media campaigns at the end of each month
- Provide regular reports and insights to the Marketing Manager, offering recommendations for continuous improvement
- Ensure brand consistency across all social media channels, maintaining a cohesive and positive online presence
Marketing Support and Development
- Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to support the development and execution of email marketing campaigns
- Work with the Marketing Manager to align social media efforts with web marketing strategies
Experience and Qualifications
- 2-3 years of proven experience as a Social Media Manager or similar role
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Stronger consideration for candidates who have experience using Hootsuite, WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, trends, and best practices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in graphic design tools and video editing software
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote setting
- Passionate and/or experienced in supporting underrepresented communities, especially the LGBTQ+ community and underrepresented entrepreneurs
- Brings a proactive, committed, and positive attitude while working with a diverse team
This is a fully remote position but may require occasional travel, approximately 2 – 3x per year. Preference may be given to candidates in StartOut chapter cities; New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Austin, Seattle, DC, Denver, or San Diego, but candidates from anywhere in the US are encouraged to apply. StartOut is unable to provide visa sponsorship at this time.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
- $50,000 – $55,000 annually depending on experience
- $3000 annual bonus depending on team and individual KPI performance
- Unlimited time off
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan for tax-advantaged retirement-saving
- Work from home equipment & professional development stipends
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible to start immediately.
If you have trouble submitting through the above link, have questions, or need any accommodations throughout this process, please email email@example.com.