At WorkStep, we make the industrial sector a better place to work. For workers, we provide intelligent job matching, skill development and feedback loops. For enterprise customers, our technology helps source, screen, train and retain hourly talent at scale. We just closed our series A and are growing our core team.
We’re looking for someone with experience in customer support that can step in as a strategic partner to evolve and cultivate the Support Organization. The Support Org supports the needs of all WorkStep users. You will help the growing number of hourly job seekers to ensure their success at every step of the job application and employment process. You’ll also be supporting the hiring and retention needs of our employer partners.
Not only will you be on the front lines representing our organization by providing empathetic engagement with both our job seekers and customers, you’ll also be making a direct impact on process, documentation, and support assets that will serve current and future users. The ideal candidate is adept at listening to and working with people, solving their problems, creating processes, iterating, and continuous improvement. As you solve problems, you will create and rollout standardized operating procedures to continuously improve your team’s performance. You will have a robust understanding of the tools that make your team successful, and will understand how to work cross functionally with all stakeholders. This remote position will be the 3rd Support team hire, the first Support Supervisor and will report directly to the Operations Lead.
- Communicate (inbound and outbound) with job seekers, actively employed users, and our employer partners
- Respond promptly to all user inquiries in written (email, text, chat) and phone-based communications
- Identify, document and report user trends, bugs, etc.
- Collaborate with the broader team to ensure a streamlined and successful experience for all users
- Own KPIs and execution for quarterly goals
- Identify process and workflow improvements to help improve response time and other relevant metrics.
- Problem solve any operational gaps, challenges with a short term solution and help ideate long term solutions
- Knowledge base administration / management
- Training of new team members
- Liaise between product, support team, and users for feature updates, requests, and roll outs
- Special projects
KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators) owned:
- Worker / Employer Satisfaction Score (NPS)
- Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT)
- Response SLA / evolving email and chat metrics
- 1+ years of experience in Supervisor or senior associate level position
- Prior experience working in remote Customer Support or a similar role
- Experience in a startup, growing company, or other environment where you rapidly developed and iterated on processes
- Numbers driven, has proven experience setting and following metrics, analyzing data and communicating decisions that are rooted in numbers
- Passion for the WorkStep mission
Nice to haves
- Technical magician who learns products inside out and quickly becomes the subject matter expert
- Experience with CRMs and tech tools like Salesforce, Slack, and Asana
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from anywhere – remote first company since August 2019
- 401k + match
- Competitive, company-sponsored health benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Top-notch technology
- Workspace improvement budget
- Opportunity to join a passionate, motivated, and fun team at an early stage to help shape and execute on our mission