Customer Support Specialist – Tier 1
Location: Remote – UT, TX, FL, OH, NC based only
Canopy is a fast-growing SaaS company in Draper, Utah building simple, efficient software for accounting firms. We are looking to revolutionize the accounting space with modern, user-friendly software for a neglected industry.
Our goal is to help our clients unlock the firm they’ve always wanted with our Practice Management Suite. We place strong emphasis on delighting our customers, spotting and solving problems, and being good people along the way.
Click here to see why our clients love Canopy.
Interested in learning more about Canopy & the industry? Check out our blog here where you can find great information on our product features, industry news, practice management, and more!
As a member of the Customer Support team, you will provide top-tier service and support primarily to users of our software via email, in-app chat, and phone channels.
Canopy has earned a reputation for fast, friendly and efficient customer support. Through earnest desire to learn and progress, you will build upon this reputation. This is not a role in which you simply answer phones and read from a script. You will think critically to help to create new pathways for our customers, outline solutions, and form the foundation of a rapidly-growing company and team.
This is a fully remote opportunity for candidates based in UT, TX, FL, OH, or NC.
What You’ll Do:
- Anticipate and resolve customer issues in a professional and timely manner
- Provide superior customer service and remote troubleshooting assistance
- Take ownership of customer issues and be the customer advocate
- Develop sound understanding of Canopy’s current and upcoming features
- Identify opportunities to answer questions, even before they are asked
- Explain step-by-step instructions and assist users in navigation through software
- Drive value to customers by informing them of new resources and products that will make an impact on their businesses
- Maintain a positive and patient attitude with all customers
- Coordinate within the organization for technical and account level issues
- Help improve and perfect processes across the support organization
What we’re Looking For:
- A self-starter with desire to take ownership of the role and above responsibilities
- Tech-savvy with the ability to learn software and new tools quickly
- Organizational skills, creativity, and a solution-oriented focus
- Willingness to learn about tax resolution industry and IRS forms as they relate to the software and its functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language
- Ability to pivot with a growing company and accept new challenges
- Be able to type at 50 wpm or faster
We know many women do not apply for a job if they don’t perfectly fit the description. We want you to apply anyway.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience in support ticketing systems
- Previous customer service and support experience
- 2-3 years experience in a call center environment
- Experience in the accounting & tax software space
Why You Want to Work Here:
Flexible Paid Time Off – that you’re actually encouraged to use plus 10 company holidays!
❤ Health Benefits – including Medical, Dental, and Vision and an HSA Match. Canopy covers Medical premiums at 100% for Employees only.
401(k) – we match 100% up to 3% of your contribution. Eligibility is immediate with 100% vesting.
Mental Health – all employees have access to Impact Suite & to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Paid New Parent Leave & Birthing Parent Leave – so you’re able to care for your little ones.
➕ Supplemental Benefits – including 100% company paid Basic Life & AD&D insurance and long & short-term disability coverage.
Motivosity – our peer-to-peer recognition program to help our employees recognize the amazing work being done by other Canopians!
Company Events – including monthly company-wide meetings, summer parties, and more.
DEIB Committee – to plan initiatives around continuing education, community outreach, recruiting, onboarding, and more.
☕ Fully-stocked kitchen – Keto? Vegan? Flexitarian? Mandalorian? We’ve got you covered.
We approach our work every day with a few things in mind:
Own – we own this place! We focus on outcomes, holding ourselves & each other accountable.
Win – we win by delighting our customers with the very best products and services.
Do Good – we work hard to be good people!
Embrace Curiosity & Candor – we approach everything with curiosity & we understand that candor is kindness and give the gift of feedback.
To learn more about us & our values, click here.
Interviewing @ Canopy:
We know application processes can be a little stressful. Here are the stages of a typical interview process at Canopy:
- Once your application is received, we will review it and get back to you if we feel like it’s a mutual fit!
- 20 minute phone call with the People Team
- 45-60 minute video or in-person interview with the Hiring Manager
- 1-3 rounds of interviews depending on the role
- Final Interview
Interview processes can vary depending on the role. The People Team will give you a role specific overview of the process during your first phone call.
Remember: This is your interview too! We know candidates are evaluating us just as much as we are them. We encourage you to bring questions to each of your interviews—our hiring teams will always make sure to save time for questions at the end!
Canopy is an equal opportunity employer. Canopy provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.