This is a fully remote position for eligible candidates currently based in most of the United States and Canada
PerBlue is looking for a passionate and creative Content Designer/Game Writer to join our team of experienced game designers, artists, and developers. We’re a growing independent studio whose free-to-play midcore mobile games have been played by millions of people around the world, including the award-winning game Disney Heroes: Battle Mode.
Our team brings experience from major studios across the videogame industry. Headquartered in Madison, Wisconsin, we also work remotely around the United States and Canada for an unmatched quality of life and work.
In this role, you’ll create amazing experiences for our fans across the world! Focusing initially on content design work, you’ll work closely with our writing team, game designers, and cross-functionally with the rest of our creative team. You’ll craft story strings for our characters, create character backstories, help establish world building and lore, and other elements that make our games ridiculously fun and engaging!
What you’ll do
- Plan main campaign story beats and maintain story bible.
- Write and pitch a variety of elements for features and gameplay.
- Prepare strings for approvals with internal teams and IP partners
- Manage and monitor localization.
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of experience as a professional freelance, contract, or full-time video game writer.
- Credits include at least one commercially successful game in wide release.
- Ability to own narrative strings, flavor text, and character backstories.
- Hands-on experience adding strings to game import sheets, working with other departments to troubleshoot string-related issues, and preparing strings for localization.
- Familiar with Web3 field and game.
Who you are
- Above all, a master storyteller!
- Love crafting rich videogame worlds full of exciting characters and lore.
- Collaborative and proactive, thrives in a fast-paced environment embracing quick-turn iteration.
- Passionate gamer with a strong comprehension of product goals and gameplayer experience.
- Solid understanding of free-to-play and mobile game creative processes, mechanics, and systems.
- Will actively participate in PerBlue’s efforts to be a welcoming, inclusive, and diverse workplace.
Other preferred characteristics to highlight in your application
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience working on live successful games.
- Thorough knowledge of game characters.
- Hero-collecting genre experience.
If you’re thinking that your past experiences don’t meet every single one of our requirements and preferences perfectly, please still consider applying for this role. We seek diversity in people, experiences, and perspectives, and we’re committed to building a genuine, diverse, and inclusive workplace. If you clicked into this posting and you’re excited about this role, you may just be the candidate we’re looking for, so go on and apply!
Compensation and Benefits
We are a Remote First company headquartered in downtown Madison, Wisconsin with team members based around North America. We offer a competitive base salary; an incentive bonus plan; 6+ weeks of paid time off; comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; a well-matched 401k; flexible hours; and a variety of other perks including daily lunch delivery.
You’ll be part of a passionate, welcoming, and collaborative team that has received several “Best Place to Work” awards by a variety of publications. We are headquartered in the vibrant neighborhood around beautiful downtown Madison.
No agencies, please. This is a pretty good description of this position’s roles and responsibilities but is not a comprehensive job description, so duties and supervisors may change. We regret that we cannot support visa sponsorship or consider candidates based outside of the United States or Canada at this time.