CartHook: Senior Frontend React Engineer
Headquarters: Ljubljana, Slovenia
Now Hiring: Remote Senior Frontend React Engineer
👶 Parental Leave
💡 3+ Years of Experience
💼 Professional Development
💰 Competitive Salary & Perks
🗺 Open to Anywhere on the East Coast of U.S. or Europe
We’re up and running, and primed for growth. You can be a part of that growth by establishing the practices and processes for a key part of our marketing efforts.
Who We Are
We are a fully remote team on two continents, and we bridge time zones and distance with thorough and transparent communication, and processes designed to support and include each other. You’ll get to work with awesome people in almost every part of the company. We value and encourage input and ideas from everyone, no matter what their role or how long they’ve been with us.
We believe that diversity makes us stronger. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized. CartHook is an equal opportunity employer. At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
How We Work
We’re a fully remote team with offices in the US and Europe.
We trust each other to manage our time appropriately and get our work done. There’s no need to punch a clock. We expect you to be available and able to collaborate with your team, and we want you to create a schedule that works for your life. Our remote work philosophy relies on good communication and openness.
Responsible time off
We want you to take time off; it makes you happier, healthier, and more productive. It’s important you take the time you need, whether you’re caring for your health, the health of a family member, or going on vacation. We have an unlimited time-off policy, plus two mandatory weeks for a holiday break in late December/early January. We all work hard leading up to (and during) Black Friday Cyber Monday. That’s our merchants’ busiest time of the year, and we need all hands on deck.
Grow and learn
We value curiosity and the drive to grow and learn. That’s why we fund conferences (when those are a thing again), online courses and resources, and dedicated time away to learn something new.
Benefits (for U.S.-Based Employees Only)
Insurance coverage: We offer health, dental, and vision insurance. We cover 100% of your medical and dental premiums and 75% for vision. We also cover a percentage of the premiums for dependents. If our default plan isn’t right for you, there are other options available to fit your needs.
Parental leave: All parents who welcome a new child by birth, surrogacy, foster, or adoption are eligible to take 8 weeks of paid leave. All birth mothers are eligible for an additional eight weeks of paid leave. New mothers will be able to have a flexible, soft re-entry coming back to work.
401k Plan: Employees are eligible for a 401k plan provided by Guideline and integrated into our payroll system. Plans are funded by the employee.
This role is specifically for development for our embedded Shopify app, CartHook Post Purchase Offers. Our backend utilizes Laravel and MySQL, while the frontend is built on a combination of Shopify Polaris, React and NextJS libraries and technologies.
This is a full-time, fully remote role. For this role, you can live and work anywhere in Eastern Standard Time or European timezones.
At CartHook, you can be the person you are, regardless of ethnicity, religion, political affiliation, age, size, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We provide a safe, welcoming space for those who are marginalized.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in frontend development
- Advanced knowledge of React (minimum of 3 years)
- Advanced knowledge of TypeScript (minimum of 3 years)
- Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
- Excellent understanding of software design patterns
- Excellent REST API understanding (from a frontend POV)
- Excellent understanding of Jira
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- GitHub, Docker, Buildkite or similar development tools
- Ability to problem-solve, track, and follow up on a variety of complex technical issues with internal and external stakeholders
- Ambition, the ability to think beyond, be highly collaborative, and extremely driven
- Are a self-starter who can collaborate deeply and communicate proactively with your teammates
- Backend understanding
- Have experience in ecommerce, Shopify in particular
- Experience with high performance systems
- Embrace change and have a willingness to adapt to whatever comes your way
- Are excited about doing great work and making a difference at a small company
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/carthook-senior-frontend-react-engineer-2