Associate Art Director
Magic Fuel Games is a team of games industry veterans developing real games on mobile for gamers around the globe.
The team is important to us, as we believe that it is the people who define the company’s culture and create its successes. We want to work with energetic, creative contributors who bring a fun vibe to the process of making games.
From 2020, we have shifted to a ‘remote first’ culture, adjusting our approach to making games and developing new practices. This position is suitable for a candidate who works fully remote or local to the Bay Area. Our team is half in the US and half in China; being prepared to work flexible west coast hours is important.
Who You Are:
- An experienced senior artist who has a passion for gaming, ready to take it to the next level
- Strong visual creative with proven work that reflects tasteful aesthetics, and practical design instincts
- A confident communicator who loves to collaborate with others, remotely
- Highly organized and detail orientated, able to work with autonomy
- Experience managing other artists by implementing art direction and upholding art quality and efficiency
- Artistic and technical abilities to produce concept art, 2D/3D prototypes, and benchmark assets
- Technical understanding and experience of custom 3D art pipelines
What you’ll need:
- An excellent artistic understanding gained from formal training and/or industry experience
- A deep interest in the craft of 2D/3D creation, animation, visual effects, and user interfaces
- An understanding of the process of building games with modern art workflows for mobile production, considering constraints of platform and performance
- Extensive knowledge of Unity 3D, Autodesk Maya/3DS max, Adobe Photoshop, Perforce (or equivalent)
- One or more published game on mobile, with console and PC experience a bonus
What we offer:
- Flexible remote working
- 100% paid medical/dental/vision for you and your family
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Flexible PTO policy
Please provide a portfolio in support of your application.