Yoko Co: Front-End Developer – WordPress
03/23/21 6:32 am Design 0 Comments
Headquarters: Mclean, VA
We’re searching for a front-end developer who wants to use their stellar technical skills to do good things — for our team, for our clients, and for the world.
In this role, you’ll work alongside our development and creative teams, write efficient, optimized code, bring designs to life, and build killer interactions.
- You’ll be writing and pushing code pretty much every day, sometimes with other developers, sometimes flying solo.
- You’ll build pixel-perfect responsive layouts and components based on design references.
- You’ll help us refine our WordPress/tech stack, moving us towards a leaner, faster, more modern approach.
- You’ll work on multiple projects at once: big ones, small ones, and weird ones, building new things, and extending existing web properties.
Technical Skills & Professional Traits
- Outstanding responsive HTML & CSS skills, including Sass, and frameworks like Bootstrap/Foundation
- A solid understanding of JS (extra credit for experience with React)
- 3+ years of technical experience with WordPress and the LAMP stack, and a strong understanding of the WordPress template hierarchy
- 2+ years of PHP, particularly geared towards WordPress
- Experience working with (or a solid understanding of) automation tools like Gulp, Bower, or Webkit
- Familiarity with UI/UX best practices and the ability to take a design system and elaborate to “design in browser” when necessary
- The attention to detail needed to accurately build responsive websites/user interfaces based on design references
- A talent for troubleshooting and rooting out strange problems
- A love for WordPress and using it to do unexpected things, but also the awareness to know when it’s not the right tool for the job
- Bonus points: Experience working with static site generators like Gatsby and GraphQL
Here’s the thing: This isn’t the place for everyone. You’ll have a lot of autonomy, the expectations are high, the work is fast-paced, and the hats are many. We’re looking for people who take ownership, earn their trust, see the big picture, and are always thinking about how we can do even better the next time.
Founded in 2009, we’re a digital agency that works exclusively with clients who are trying to make the world a better place. Everyone is remote, and we have people all around the world. Company culture is a priority for us, and we’ve been named one of the best places to work by the Washington Business Journal.
In exchange for your skills, we’ll provide a flexible work schedule, medical benefits, a competitive salary, 401k matching (US only), and participation in our annual shutdown. We also take off most federal holidays, plus a bunch of other days, too.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Accuracy” so we know that you’re paying attention. Make sure to include your resume, share a link to your work, and tell us why you think you’d be a great fit.
Note: We accept international applicants, but you have to be willing to work a reasonable overlap with standard US business hours.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/yoko-co-front-end-developer-wordpress-1