Openly is rebuilding insurance from the ground up, re-imagining, and improving every aspect of the customer experience. Doing this requires a rapidly growing team of amazing, curious, empathetic people with a wide range of skill sets–spanning technology, data science, product, marketing, sales, service, claims handling, finance, etc.
And now is the perfect time to join the journey. Here’s why:
- It’s working. We’re now in eight states and on our way to operating countrywide. We have thousands of agents selling our product and millions of dollars of annual customer premiums.
- We’re well backed & stable. We just closed our $40 M Series B fundraise and have years of cash runway in the bank. We’re backed by some of the top investors in the world–including Google’s “Gradient” AI-focused fund, Obvious Ventures (Beyond Meat, etc.), and Advance Venture Partners.
- It’s not too late! Despite this traction and stability, we’re still early enough in the journey that there’s time to make a real difference during Openly’s formative period.
If you’d like to understand more about Openly’s mission, consider checking out this video from a company pitch we gave several years ago at Techstars. It’s outdated (before the initial product launch!) but still telegraphs the journey we’re on
We’re hiring for an experienced front-end Vue.js programmer to join our technology team. As a member of our front-end engineering team, you will aid in the development of our visual interfaces. Our interfaces are Vue SPAs built on Vuex, Nuxt, vue-router, and Webpack. Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Build-on and enhance the front-end web interface that agents use to access our insurance products
- Develop interfaces for internal users to administer agencies, agents, and policies
- Implement design/UX initiatives through collaboration with the Product team
- Spread your knowledge across the team (e.g. promote best-practices and share things you’ve learned)
- Computer science or engineering college degree, or equivalent experience
- Mastery of Vue.js with professional/production experience
- Keep up with major frontend & UX design trends & their implementations
- Solid understanding of RESTful API integrations
- You need to have excellent communication skills
Nice To Haves
- Experience with Nuxt and/or Firebase
- A keen eye for visual design and UX
- Familiarity with Sketch or Figma
- Familiarity with Unit Testing
- Backend/Core: Go & Postgresql
- Frontend: VueJS, Webpack, Nuxt, & Tailwind
- Research/Data Science: R, ArcGIS, H2O & Python
- Single binary for now, but separate services are likely later
- Our infrastructure runs on Google Cloud. We use: GKE, Cloud Run, Cloud Build, and CloudSQL. We use gitlab for both code hosting and running CI/CD pipelines
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity in a fast-growing startup
- Competitive benefits packages include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, 401(k) contribution, flexible spending accounts, and work from home stipend
- Generous and fully company-paid parental leave policy
- “Work-from-anywhere” company that has fully embraced remote working, even before COVID restrictions
- Flexible PTO
- Fun, high energy startup environment
- Training, coaching, and development with an eye towards upward growth and mobility within roles at a new, growing insurtech firm
Openly is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristics protected under applicable law. Openly is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Openly, will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.