At Second Nature we’re here to help people take control of their health. We bring together behavioural science, technology and amazing people to achieve this.
One way we do this is by relying on our programme delivered via mobile app to educate our members on nutrition, psychology, and health. We’ve seen the impact of using great illustrations and photography, for example in:
- Educating members on concepts like insulin and blood sugar
- Educating members on healthy food swaps
- Showcasing what our product includes before people buy it (there’s an app, a handbook, a recipe book, weight-scales, so it’s important to use visuals to show these)
We want to continue to provide this great experience. That’s why we’re hiring a freelance Visual Designer to help us visually showcase our product and educate members on our content.
We’re looking for a Visual Designer that:
- Is excited about working on a startup that is helping people adopt healthier behaviours, lose weight sustainably and manage type 2 diabetes. We also work with the NHS to provide our programme to people who have prediabetes, so they can manage their condition.
- Has experience creating digital materials for mobile and web, digital marketing assets, printed materials other branded touchpoints.
- Can create materials following a visual style that is still being developed and defined in the company (this Designer will also help us build a more cohesive visual style for our illustrations and photography!)
- Not only uses illustrations, but also photography (our brand has a mix of photography and illustrations)
- Is used to working with startups on a “per-request” basis. This role will report to the Product Design Lead, who will brief the Visual Designer and define priorities, based on the needs from the teams.
- Preferably has experience with Figma, but it’s not mandatory
- An exciting job at a health-tech startup. You’ll be able to see first-hand the impact that we have on improving thousands of people’s lives and tackling the type 2 diabetes and obesity epidemic on a daily basis
- You’ll get to work with amazing, friendly and smart colleagues all incredibly passionate about solving the type 2 diabetes epidemic
- Flexibility in employment through short-term contracts
- Flexible working hours and autonomy over your workload to support your own wellbeing
- Flexibility of remote work