Givebutter is the world’s fastest-growing online fundraising platform. More than 30,000 good causes – from youth groups to the world’s largest charities – raise over $100 million annually using Givebutter’s modern forms, campaigns, and event technology.
The company was founded in 2016 out of a dorm room in Washington, DC, and has since grown into a fully remote team with employees in eight different states. The company’s co-founders, Max Friedman and Liran Cohen, built and bootstrapped the original concept for Givebutter, and still operate the company as CEO and CTO today. In 2020, Givebutter was awarded the #1 Highest Rated Fundraising Software on G2 Crowd, the world’s leading software review platform, ahead of 223 competitors.
Givebutter is looking to add to its executive team by hiring a Vice President of Community. This individual will oversee the departments of Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success, and bring proven management experience in at least two of those areas. Ideally, this candidate also brings notable experience in nonprofits, startups, and technology. Although not necessary, experience or interest in serving in a public-facing role (on webinars, podcasts, etc.) is a plus. Lastly, it is critical that this individual brings a deep understanding of what drives our customer base as well as how to identify, retain and support the best talent to grow the company.
- At Givebutter, we believe in Product-Led Growth. This means that we always put the customer and the product first in every decision we make. And we mean it!
- The vast majority of our customers hear about us via one of four ways: Google (organic SEO), word of mouth (organic referrals), channel partnerships (i.e. CRM integration), or by using the product itself (i.e. as a donor, attendee, fundraiser, etc.). This helps us keep costs low and focus more time/energy on the product itself.
- Givebutter is free to use (most of our revenue comes from optional tips and platform fees) and the platform itself is completely self-service. This allows the vast majority of our customers to sign up and onboard themselves without ever needing our team.
- If someone does need help: our Customer Support team is available to respond to inquiries in real-time via email and chat.
- If someone is looking for a personal touch: Our Sales team can schedule demos for new leads, and our Customer Success team can provide proactive, personalized support to existing customers.
- The mission of our Marketing team is to scale these personal conversations: To create content that is engaging, inspiring, educational, and worthy of a world-changing, iconic brand.
- As our company has grown and these externally-facing teams of Marketing, Sales, and Success have become more defined, we are looking for an experienced leader to help accelerate growth and build rockstar teams within each Department.
- Manage the Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success departments
- Own Quarterly OKRs related to each department
- Ensure cross-functionality between departments
- Identify, retain and support the best talent in each department
- Consult on and elevate the current go-to-market strategy
- Establish and measure Key Performance Indicators
- Standardize processes and create more efficient workflows across teams
- Marketing: Oversee all external marketing communications, partner relations, creative content ideation, and content marketing execution
- Sales & Success: Oversee all sales, onboarding, retention, and expansion of customer accounts by developing key relationships and offering proactive and personalized support
- Ensure a commitment to Product-Led Growth in every decision and initiative
- Proven experience managing Marketing, Sales, and Custom Success teams (2 minimum)
- A track record of coaching and mentoring successful teams
- Notable experience in nonprofits, startups, and technology.
- Experience or interest in serving in a public-facing role (on webinars, podcasts, etc.) is a plus.
- Deep understanding of Product-Led Growth
- Remote Work: Work from anywhere in the United States.
- Health Insurance: We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance covered 100% for employees.
- Stock Option Plan: We offer meaningful equity in the company to all early employees.
- Vacation and Holiday: 15 days paid vacation time to start plus additional days per year with the company. We also take off all 10+ Federal Holidays.
- Team Retreats: Team trips each year to meet and work in-person as soon as it is safe to do so.
- Discretionary Budget: We provide elective reimbursements for home office expenses, charitable donations on Givebutter, and more.
- Training and Development: Take part in department and company wide training and development.
- Love What You Do: We are a mission-driven company serving the charitable sector. Feel good about the work you’re doing and the company you work for.