The UX Designer is involved at all stages of the project, from developing and delivering prototypes at a variety of fidelities and identifying and refining design concepts through technical and creative insight, to helping to transfer ideas between design and engineering and finalizing styling on work done by the development team.
He/she plays a key role by prototyping new ways to meet and exceed customers’ needs. In this role he/she will develop a strong understanding of users (their needs, goals, behaviors, and motivations) through research activities; identification of product opportunities; incorporating findings into design concepts such as wireframes or prototypes and validate hypotheses through usability testing or A/B testing.
This role is both challenging and rewarding, and provides an opportunity to develop technical, functional, and creative skills to cultivate a career within our company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver Value
- Take the necessary steps to deliver business value in service to customers and teammates to the maximum extent possible.
- User Research
- Lead the planning, design, execution, and analysis of testing scenarios. Facilitate moderated usability tests.
- Meet with customers to understand their business and technical challenges and develop a plan to solve their problems.
- Incorporate user preferences, usability findings, and visitor data into in-flight designs.
- Champion new methodologies in testing and research.
- Mentor development team members and business owners in these practices.
- Visual Design
- Lead ideation, elaboration, and sketching sessions.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Distill business and customer needs into focused, understandable outcomes such as customer personas, storyboards, customer journey maps, and use case scenarios.
- Design wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes in adherence with design systems.
- Interaction Design
- Facilitate the development of use case scenarios, planning and execution of usability testing to be leveraged in the design of interactive prototypes.
- Take an analytical and metric driven approach to help convey the design principles.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Champion pattern library updates to design system based on user feedback, trends, and best practices.
- Story / Requirements Collaboration
- Facilitate the measurement and evaluation of key user experience indicators to help business owners of the various systems/applications understand balance between desired system features, the importance of user experience and sustainable technology solutions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, UX, Interaction Design, Computer Science, or a related area.
- 5+ years User experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
- A passion and skill for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient, highly usable user interfaces.
- A track record of collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to ship real products that have made a measurable impact.
- An understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research approaches and techniques to identify insights and inform direction.
- Able to create complex interactive prototypes to express interactive design ideas based upon user and stakeholder input and feedback.
- Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
- Proven communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Ability to build-up and build-out key relationships across departments.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Experience within an agile development environment.
- Effectively communicate, self-manage, and complete assigned projects and project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Work with peers and client resources in a team environment to complete tasks, goals, and timelines.
- Experience with virtual events, video stream, or webcasting industries is a plus.
- Experience working in hyper growth organizations is definitely a plus.
This position is remote-optional or in our San Antonio HQ, but our only requirement is you should be located in a US time zone. We offer competitive compensation, great career growth potential, and a comprehensive benefit package.
To be considered for this position, all candidates must complete the following culture index survey (it should take no more than 8-10 minutes of your time). You should answer this survey in your native language. Please copy & paste link below into your browser window to complete:
6Connex is a member of the Dura Software family of companies and providing global software and services for enterprise online events. Our cloud-based product portfolio includes virtual environments, learning management and webinars. Designed for marketing, sales, recruitment, training and HR communications, we transform big ideas into real-world results. Our customers include Salesforce, Blackrock, GE, SonicWall, Ericsson, Unilever, Infosys, Herbalife and Fiserv. For more information, visit www.6Connex.com.
- A financially stable company, with the freedom and opportunities of a startup culture
- Company-paid health insurance (employee + family)
- A remote-first culture with plenty of video chats and chatter via Slack
- Dental insurance and vision insurance
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Flexible work schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
6Connex/Dura Software is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law. We celebrate the diversity of individuals from all backgrounds and identities, by creating a welcoming and inclusive culture where we reach our highest potential. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business needs.