Urbantz: Engineering Manager
04/06/21 7:16 am Product Management 0 Comments
Your journey at Urbantz:
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for partnering with other leaders on the Product and Engineering teams to help craft the best solutions to solve the problems at hand, whether that be through people, process, or technology. You will:
- Support, coach, and lead an effective team of roughly five Software Engineers with personal goals, useful feedback, and ongoing development
- Work closely with a Product Manager and a QA Engineer to coordinate the team’s objectives, strategies, and execution
- Bring your technical spirit with you
- Guide our product and technical evolution, and drive reductions in technical debt
- Evaluate our business and technology strategy
About Our Stack
- We migrated from AWS ECS to Azure using Kubernetes for container-orchestration. Our main data store is MongoDB hosted on Mongo Atlas, but we also use Elasticsearch for some corner-case full-text search needs. Our backend and API code runs on Node.js, while the front-end web application is written in AngularJS and we are migrating to React.
- Our toolset also counts with single-command, build & deploy tasks for both production and staging environments, working along with GitLab CI. We use Protractor for the end-to-end testing and Jest for the back-end unit testing.
- A proven track record and 2+ years of successfully managing remote people (a team of 4-8 remote Software Engineers)
- A willingness and passion for mentorship
- Have min 5 years of experience as a Software Developer
- Have excellent written communication skills
- Believe in asynchronous communication
- Work applying DevOps principles, practices, and values
- Experience in SaaS Products is an advantage
- Good sense of overall architecture on how to design complex software
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to join a winning team. Great people that work hard but have fun while doing that!
- A fast-growing company where you are given a lot of autonomy and trust
- Flexible company, nice colleagues to work with, fun company activities (even for our remote people!),…
- Entering the promising and ever-growing world of last mile logistic
- A competitive salary package
If you desire to work to change the future of cities, then this is your chance: don’t hesitate and apply now!
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/urbantz-engineering-manager-1