Tribe Dynamics: Senior Product Designer
03/02/21 10:36 am Design 0 Comments
Headquarters: San Francisco, New York, and London
We are actively seeking an enthusiastic, bright mind to join our team as we change the way brands leverage influencer communities for collaborative growth and marketing. The ideal candidate must have a passion for learning, an obsession with solving novel problems, and the desire to instill design as the paramount foundation of a company’s culture.
As one of the founding members of Tribe’s Product Design team, you’ll play an instrumental role combining our customers’ goals, our business objectives, and our technical prowess into a single harmonious product experience. You’ll work directly with Tribe’s Product and Engineering teams to discover, propose, and build product solutions, while continuously creating and promoting practices to best scale our design and development workflows, especially as the team becomes increasingly remote.
We have listed some responsibilities and experience guidelines below, but do not consider these as set in stone—talent and passion are the most important.
- Act as the Design Lead within a team of Product and Engineering owners on Tribe’s Product Development Cycle projects
- Own end-to-end experience design tasks, from wire-framing to interaction & UI design to prototyping to testing to shipping, and all over again
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Tribe’s Design System in Figma
- Assist in the development of user research studies and plans, and parter with Product to run and synthesize user research
- Contribute to the development of Tribe’s product strategy, thinking beyond screens and designing for the ecosystem in which our product exists
- Create and promote industry leading practices in order to build a seamless collaborative workflow with engineers and internal stakeholders
- Experienced with SaaS Product Development – 3–5 years of experience researching, designing, and shipping client-facing SaaS product solutions
- Remote Friendly –2+ years of remote working experience preferred, with a 8:00 – 10:30 am PST cross over. With our team based in San Francisco and London, we schedule our stand ups during this time. You can choose to work in one of our hubs in SF or London, but we are remote-first team
- Design Obsessed – You have expert knowledge of user-centered design principles proven by a robust portfolio of iterative software work that you’ve contributed to, from ideation to execution
- Knowledge of Industry Standards – You have experience working with the latest screen design and prototyping tools, and you understand how design systems translate into front-end component frameworks (we use Figma and Vuetify.js on top of Vue.js)
- Data-Driven – You are comfortable working with large datasets and have demonstrated the ability to design simple experiences from complex information
- Fluent in Technical and Business Constraints – You take technical limitations and business outcomes into consideration with every decision you make, and you are ready to defend your design direction and make trade-offs with Product and Engineering
- Cross-Functional – You are equally comfortable hopping on client calls to discover and define problems as you are working directly with Product and Engineering to envision and ship solutions
- Value-Driven – You understand that the best products are developed by fostering a deep understanding of users’ goals to deliver value, instead of executing on a rich explanation of a feature set, which is reflected through your communication and working style
- Krisna Sorathia (he/him) is the VP of Product and was the first hire at Tribe Dynamics, joining as a intern in the Summer of 2012. After working as a UI/UX Designer at Mindbody, he came back to lead the Product Team in 2015. He currently oversees Product Vision and Strategy while also being the sole product designer within the company. Krisna is also the hiring manager for this role.
- Valerie Pitsch (she/her) originally joined the company as an Account Manager in 2017, and moved onto the Product Team as a Product Manager in 2018. She came to Tribe with a background in marketing and research, and after working directly with Tribe’s users, she seamlessly transitioned her current role prioritizing the product pipeline, conducting user research, and managing data integrations. She is now Tribe’s Lead Product Manager and will work closely with you from feature development through to launch and iteration.
- Pei Choong (she/her) originally joined the company as an Account Manager in 2017, and moved onto the Product Team as a Product Support Specialist in 2019. Prior to supporting clients and users in her Account Manager role, Pei worked in Content Management, Social Media, and Business Strategy. Combining those experiences lead her into her current position as Tribe’s Customer Education Lead, where she oversees the customer on-boarding process and ongoing education. You will work closely with Pei to turn customer feedback into opportunities to drive further adoption.
What we offer
- Unlimited PTO with “Winter Fridays” off every other week for the duration of the pandemic
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- FSA with an automatic $500 employer contribution
- $1200 annual professional development stipend
- 401(k) through Guideline
- 16 weeks fully paid parental leave, with up to 9 additional months at 25% pay
- WFH benefits: Flexible work opportunities (work from any U.S. state!), $250 annual home office stipend, coffee delivery subscription!
Tribe Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer committed to cultivating an inclusive company culture. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, or veteran status. We enthusiastically encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/tribe-dynamics-senior-product-designer