Technical Program Manager, Human Computation
The Twitter Service organization creates meaningful connections with our customers that promote healthy exchange in the public conversation. We do this by developing and operating customer support solutions at scale in a rapidly changing global environment. The Launch team manages key initiatives for the Twitter Service organization, designed to implement world class customer support and operations for Twitter’s products, applications, and platform. We create clarity and focus for the organization to ensure we are meeting our collective, customer focused goals.
The Human Computation team’s mission is to streamline production of high-quality labeled data and context-based insights & measurement, in support of Machine Learning, offline metrics, and ALL other human-in-the-loop initiatives across Twitter. Our work directly impacts the quality and consumption of our most popular products, helping to prevent the abuse and misuse of Twitter, and delighting our ever expanding global user base.
We’re looking for a dynamic Technical Program Manager who has a consistent track record of designing and driving high-impact high-visibility Engineering and Engineering support programs. The right person would have experience driving projects/initiatives for Human Computation/ Data Annotation and working cross-functionally (across Engineering, Product, Research, Legal, Operations) in support of large company objectives. They would also have experience working with multiple global staffing vendors, running scaled contingent business resources, and effectively navigating a fast-paced, and dynamic daily working environment.
- Independently drive goals, roadmap, priorities, and initiatives in their own product area, to ensure support for Machine Learning projects and accurate qualitative measurements.
- Drive the development of various technical solutions that are critical to running Human Computation effectively and efficiently, at scale. Manage internal and external tooling backlogs.
- Find opportunities, define, scope, and get agreement across cross-functional partners for projects that can leverage human evaluations to improve existing Machine Learning models and research in support of opportunity sizing new features/understanding usage behavior of new launches.
- Work directly with Engineers, Product Managers, Researchers, and Data Scientists to define, scope, build, and execute human evaluations in support of different areas of the product.
- Work with cross-functional partners across Operations, Policy, Legal, Procurement, and external vendors to produce quarterly roadmaps in support of top-level company goals.
- Write clear and concise technical documentation and obtain agreement from leadership across a wide variety of stakeholder teams.
- Review and provide feedback on technical design documents, with respect to Human Computation’s scope.
- Train, oversee, and own accountability for an international and designated contingent team, large-scale and multilingual liquid workforce, and a crowdsourced workforce.
- Effectively determine contingent staffing needs; implement effective roles, responsibilities, and distributed team structure.
- Review and/or process critical and potentially disturbing content including but not limited to pornographic images, child pornography, vulgar language, hate speech, violent threats, and other graphic images.
Over 2 years of experience driving large scale Engineering & Engineering-support programs.
Over 2 year direct experience with Human Computation, crowdsourcing, or experimental design.
Proven ability to identify and resolve systemic issues in both software and people systems.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, organizational skills, and highly developed interpersonal skills.
Active, passionate Twitter user with a strong interest in social media. Passionate interest in Twitter’s products and mission, and about the role machine learning could play towards advancing them.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.