Technical Product Manager – Cloud Partnerships
Yapily is here to power a new era of financial services so that everyone can receive faster, affordable and personalised financial products.
Yapily uses an open API, powering applications behind the scenes, to seamlessly connect and securely access financial information. We enable companies to access financial information to enrich the customer experience in Banking, Lending, Payments, Accounting and Money Management.
Yapily raised more than $18m funding and this is an incredibly exciting time to join the business as our international presence is rapidly increasing.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager to drive the evolution and deployment of our gateway solution onto partner cloud environments. We are looking for a technically gifted candidate who is looking to further their career and skills in financial technology. The successful candidate will have a strong sense of good technical architecture, combined with product management acumen, and possess demonstrable experience in delivering functional product designs within a software vendor for enterprise-scale solutions.
You will be responsible for driving a key technical initiative within Yapily, working closely with our partnership team and leading cloud providers to enable our gateway services in private cloud deployments. Working with the Head of Product, Engineering, CTO and leading an engineering team that are focused on the deployment and adoption of our current API services over multiple private cloud deployment options.
You will be responsible for ensuring that our architectural approach, product design and progress with partners is expertly managed, covering all aspects of good software practice, including design, testing, release and client adoption.
The role will combine aspects of technical architecture and product ownership. Ensuring that the technical delivery of features and functionality as proposed on the product roadmap can be successfully realised, and is in sync with the latest industry standards in open finance. It is envisaged that the size and oversight of this team will grow significantly as end customer adoption grows.
Key responsibilities are:
- Defining product requirements for gateway hosting options.
- Defining the gateway changes required to support product functionality in a private cloud environment. Any architecture changes, deployment and remote change management, hosting functionality along with analytics for billing and fault analysis.
- Documenting key technical changes for customer communication.
- Acting as product stakeholder for gateway platform functionality; defining performance targets, response handling, areas for enhancement.
- Transforming product user stories into functional technical designs, communicating these to engineering teams and acting as point of reference for any queries or design changes.
- Provide assistance to support teams in understanding API behaviour and assisting with complex customer queries, troubleshooting and tracking areas for enhancement.
- Supporting sales and commercial teams in pre-sales activity, RFPs, client demos, client developer workshops etc.
- Promote the product line and business in general through select online media channels. (Slack, LinkedIn, Medium, etc.)
You will have solid, demonstrable experience in designing technical solutions, specifically APIs and their associated functionality, ideally on a hosted gateway environment. A good understanding of product management, and possess practical experience in software development delivery ideally within a start-up software development company. You should also be able to articulate key aspects of good enterprise software delivery, namely reliability, resilience and the ability to scale.
You will have
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience of technical product experienced within a software vendor, ideally within the financial services or API industry.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English. An ability to clearly define complex technical challenges and effectively communicate solutions to audiences at all levels.
- Attitude: proactive and focused. Driven on delivering client solutions with the end-user success always in mind while ensuring that sales and product revenue are optimised.
- Experience working in an agile environment, working as a product owner to orchestrate development teams.
- Results-oriented: structured and highly organized, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment you will already have a strategy for ‘getting things done’ and able to driving results without supervision.
- Experience of operating within a B2B role
- Experience of working directly with clients and supporting POC initiatives to enable successful conversion to satisfied and paying customers.
- Commercial acumen: a proven track record of understanding business value, with sensitivity to understanding sales and marketing challenges, for example able to contribute to sales discussions and collateral.
- BSc/BA 2:1 or higher Degree
- Experience working with Fintech’s as clients or working for a Fintech firm
- Additional European languages are beneficial
Good to have
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under challenging conditions and work as a team player
- Ideally, you may already have operated as both a Product Owner and a Product Manager during your career and thus will have a solid understanding of the roles and how they operate together to produce world-class software.
We are a rapidly growing, hardworking, and dynamic team. We welcome new colleagues who identify with our core principles: Be Humble, creative, ambitious, thoughtful, a leader, dream big, and embrace simplicity.
Looking to further your career on an international level with a rapidly growing vendor, you will be empowered to make a positive impact quickly and gain significant responsibility. We put customers first and recognise the benefits of face to face client interaction. Positive, results-focused, we are evangelists for the possibilities of Open Banking & Open Finance.
Competitive salary in a rapidly growing start-up
25 days holiday (UK only)
Stock Options (issued during first year of employment)
Flexible working options (home based and or flexible hours)
Diverse working environment