Order.co is on a mission to simplify buying for businesses. We believe that it’s not just about what you buy, but how you buy it. Today’s purchase-to-pay process is riddled with complexity and missed opportunities for leverage. Our goal is to highlight that leverage through the use of our platform.
Order.co eliminates manual purchasing and payment tasks and gives your team one place to purchase, approve, track and pay for all the physical goods your business needs. With customizable budgets and reporting, operations and finance teams can take back control over the buying process and start saving time, saving money, and gaining clarity in how they buy.
Founded in 2016 and headquartered in New York City, Order.co oversees nearly half a billion dollars in annualized spend across hundreds of customers like WeWork, SoulCycle, and Lume. Order.co has raised $50M in funding from industry-leading investors like MIT, Stage 2 Capital, Rally Ventures, 645 Ventures, and more. Order.co has been proudly named as a 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and a Best Place to Work by BuiltIn.
As an engineering team lead, you will guide a small team of DevOps engineers and software engineers responsible for continuously improving the reliability of our platform and driving higher levels of engineering productivity. Along the way you will be challenged to be your “best self” as a leader and mentor your team members to be the best they can be. This will be a very hands-on role with light management responsibilities. If you’re ready for a challenging yet rewarding opportunity, we invite you to join us in shaping the future of our business by building the foundation needed to scale our platform and teams with our growing business.
- Partner with the Product team to define objectives and deliver key results
- Create alignment around organizational strategy, ensuring goals are understood and achieved
- Support the planning of epics, ensuring the technical aspects are defined and well understood by the team
- Make delivery commitments, communicate progress, and take ownership of the outcomes
- Support the team in meeting their commitments, ensuring code quality and reliability
- Own team practices and processes, and drive their continuous improvement with data
- Design, build and support reliable cloud infrastructure
- Design, build and support reliable CI/CD processes
- Fulfill your role as a leader in the incident management and on-call processes
- Support your team members in their professional growth
- You have a strong leadership philosophy
- You understand the value in measuring the success of your team
- You are results-oriented and motivated by accountability
- You set the standard for your team as you work with them
- You know what you do well and what you don’t
- Basic computer science concepts are in your wheelhouse
- You can demonstrate your expertise with infrastructure as code (specifically with Terraform)
- You have practical experience with containerization and orchestration (preferably Docker, Kubernetes)
- You have a proven track record of implementing and supporting AWS cloud services (specifically S3, EC2, VPC, and RDS)
- You have a strong understanding of cloud security (specifically AWS IAM and AWS Cloud Security Framework)
- You have hands-on experience building and maintaining CI/CD processes (preferably CircleCI and AWS CodePipeline)
- You understand observability and have implemented it (preferably with DataDog)
- You have a high level of competency with Ruby on Rails
- You have a strong understanding of web application security
What You’ll Receive
- A competitive compensation package including stock options
- Robust medical, dental, vision, and wellness benefits
- Flexible time off and remote work policies
- Employer-sponsored 401(k)
- The anticipated annual base salary range for this role is $220,000 – $230,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience, qualifications, knowledge, and skills.
Order.co is an equal opportunity employer. Applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by law.