Technical Architect // Full Stack Lead Developer
TECHNICAL ARCHITECT / FULL STACK LEAD DEVELOPER – VOLT Systems
VOLT is a fast-growing technology company that has established itself as an industry leader in providing solutions for retailers to manage third-party labor. Our team uses the latest software stacks and cloud technologies to create amazing, customer-focused solutions. Our leadership encourages a collaborative, agile environment where all team members are an integral part of setting the direction for our solutions.
Technical Architect / Full Stack Lead Software Developer
As a Technical Architect / Full Stack Lead Developer, you will drive the technical design of our system and ensure we are designing our software to meet our long-term business strategies while providing immediate business value. You will lead and mentor a team of developers as well and dig into and solve our most challenging bugs and issues. You will collaborate with a dynamic team of architects, software developers, product owners and scrum masters to deliver customer solutions to help retailers manage 3rd party labor.
What’s in it for you?
- Work with smart developers that know the value of clean, maintainable code
- Develop software using the latest technologies, such as .NET 5, Docker, and Kubernetes
- A competitive salary and comprehensive benefits
- Join a highly collaborative team that is centered around the developers
- Direct influence in the design decisions of our software and infrastructure
What will you do?
- Provide direction on the best system architecture for the business needs
- Mentor and Lead software developers
- Develop applications using latest tools and technologies
- Design, code, review, document and test software components to a world class standard
- Consult with customers and business partners to find the best fit solution to business challenges
- Assist with the business case, planning and monitoring, eliciting requirements, requirements organization, translating and simplifying requirements, requirements management and communication, requirements analysis
How will you succeed?
- Flexing your time between architecting the system and using your coding skills to tackle the most challenging stories / bugs
- Leveraging microservices and cloud-based solutions knowledge
- Using object-oriented programming principles
- Debugging containerized applications, deployed to the cloud (we use Azure)
- Writing Unit, Integration, and E2E tests. Knowing when to write a test that adds value, instead of just trying to hit code coverage metrics
- Bring ideas to the table. Guide the Development team in technologies you’ve had success with, and in regard to other standards we should adopt.
What experience should you have?
- Proficiency in C# or similar language.
- Experience in Angular or comparable framework
- Microservices Architecture experience
- Database design and tuning
- Prefer experience in .NET 5 / .NET Core / ASP.NET Core
- Prefer mobile experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Remote job with occasional travel to VOLT headquarters in Des Peres // St. Louis, Missouri