At Omeda Studios, we are a remote-first game development company passionately working on our debut title, Predecessor – our Action MOBA for PC and Consoles that is currently in Early Access. We are looking for skilled professionals eager to contribute their talents in creating and delivering engaging content for a game designed to entertain players for years. Join our expanding team and be part of this thrilling journey!
As a community-driven studio, our core mission is to develop games that resonate with our players. We firmly believe that incorporating community feedback is essential to crafting immersive gaming experiences that players simply won’t want to pause.
Following the successful closure of a $20 million Series A funding round, Omeda Studios boasts a dynamic blend of seasoned industry professionals and talented community members. Together, we are committed to shaping and realising our vision, as well as tackling the exciting challenges that lie ahead.
In This Role You Will
- Create and maintain Blueprints, Materials, Character Models
- Work closely with artists, designers, and programmers to help bring the heroes within Predecessor to life.
- Solve technical challenges Performance, FX, and Tools.
- Improve and help establish pipelines & best practices for content teams.
- Troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Work with multiple teams throughout the pipeline and be a point of contact for troubleshooting and implementation within the engine.
- Work with artists to create materials, textures, and shaders for Character related content such as skins and fx.
What We’re Looking For
- Mid to senior level of professional Technical Art experience in the game industry
- Strong understanding of current content creation suites such as Maya, and Substance tools
- Good understanding of real-time rendering and shaders
- Experience within Unreal Engine
- Good understanding of UI design and delivery
- Have strong technical problem-solving skills that allow for quick project execution
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, well organised, and able to multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Nice to Have
- Abilities in secondary areas such as Lighting, Modelling, or VFX
- Experience working with and knowledge of current-generation, and last-gen console hardware
- Experience with real-time networked multiplayer games
- Passionate about MOBAs
- Global, remote team
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- EMI Stock Options
- Monthly Show & Tell with Food
- GDC Vault & Devcom VODs access
- More to come!