TaxJar: Senior Product Designer
03/30/21 12:18 pm Design 0 Comments
Headquarters: Remote – US
TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses.
Our core values:
- We know that we’re better together
- We are always learning and growing
- We shape our own destiny
- We build relationships that matter
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 180+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for a Senior Product Designer who wants to make e-commerce easier for small and medium businesses.
Our team’s focus is to create world-class experiences for our customers. We pride ourselves in rethinking established paradigms and bringing creative solutions into existence in the tax compliance space. As a Senior Product Designer, you will lead the charge to deliver a delightful self-service experience for our customers, and run growth experiments. You’ll focus on driving sign-ups, reducing setup friction, and promoting the discovery of new features that help grow our customer’s business. This work will span core features and iterative improvements, and requires you to take projects from napkins sketches to final visual specifications.
Please note that we are not able to sponsor any type of international visa at this time.
- …the ability to find and solve core product problems
- …an understanding of what it takes to build successful products
- …a history of creating products that are easy to use
- …a history of creating products with a high level of visual polish
- …successfully applied principles of design (such as typography and layout)
- …the ability to work autonomously
- …the ability to take ownership and responsibility
- …experience defining and achieving intended outcomes
- …a clear process, and a knack for communicating and working well with others
- …a self-awareness of your strengths and weaknesses
- 4+ years experience as a Product/UX Designer with SaaS products
- A strong portfolio with at least 2 examples showcasing your ability to understand complex problems, and measurably design solutions that solve them
- Ability to rapidly prototype and validate the team’s design efforts
- Comfort with writing clear, concise UI copy
- Experience building or applying design systems in Figma
- Experience working (or strong desire and ability to work) asynchronously with remote, collaborative teams
Want to know more about the makeup of our team?
TaxJar is a human-first company.
People are accepted and free to be who they are
We embrace that diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging are essential sources of creativity and innovation that bring a richness of thinking and experience to the work that is celebrated at TaxJar. Simply put, we care. We will always put people – our team and our customers – first, by supporting our people to do their best work building products our customers love.
Our formula is simple. We believe we have an elevated level of responsibility in everything we do. This means we empower our team to do the right thing for each other and for our customers, and we do the right thing, even when it’s harder. We’ve built a team based on trust, that endeavors to maximize our team members’ individual talents so our workplace creates a sense of meaning and belonging for everyone.
Read our 2020 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging report here.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (virtual for now and fully paid for by us, of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more
Once you apply, we highly encourage you to check your spam and promotion folders for application updates. Please visitwww.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our amazing benefits for full-time employees, and to learn more about our values and how we work.You can learn more about our hiring process here.
Know someone who would be a great candidate for this opportunity? If you send us a referral, we’ll pay you $1,000 if we hire them! To refer someone, please email their full name to firstname.lastname@example.org and add “Candidate Referral – [Job Title]” to the subject line once the individual has applied for a role.
Go to posting –> https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/taxjar-senior-product-designer-5