Sr. Software Developer (Ruby on Rails)
If you’re ready to help shape the future of a bootstrapped and profitable tech company with big ambitions, then this is your moment!
We’re looking for a Senior Software Developer with a passion for Ruby on Rails who is eager to tackle a wide range of development projects as part of the user-focused team at Zymewire.
All About Zymewire:
Zymewire is a Toronto-based SaaS company that has built game-changing technology to help sales teams accelerate revenue growth. Today we’re leaders in the life sciences space, but tomorrow we envision becoming the de facto service that sales professionals across all industries rely on to help them make the most informed decisions, take the most immediate action and be the most awesome at their unique jobs.
We use machine learning to interpret the digital river of information that pours out from all corners of the web, and then we package it up so that it can be easily searched and analyzed. Our current SaaS solution, built on that river, is the ultimate smart digital assistant for busy sales professionals.
We carry out our mission through (1) keeping our customers at the heart of everything we do (2) maintaining an unrelenting curiosity about their challenges and workflows (3) constantly innovating (4) learning from each other, supporting each other, and having fun while doing it. We’re currently a distributed team of 36 (you’d be lucky Zymer #37!), scattered across Canada, the UK, and soon – South America.
Today more than 340 pharmaceutical and biotechnology service providers around the world trust Zymewire for their sales research. Our users are located in over 50 countries around the world and their companies range in size from start-ups to billion-dollar multinationals.
As our client base and product offerings continue to grow, we’re eager to welcome talented developers who can help us architect the future of the application.
As a Senior Software Developer at Zymewire, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be celebrated as an individual on a small development team that encourages varied perspectives
- Have significant influence as to how the application is built
- Lead the development of new technologies to deliver more functionality to Zymewire’s customers
- Mentor teammates on new ways to deepen their technical craft, gaining leadership experience in the process
- Help to drive the architecture role
- Provide input to and help to make technical architecture and design decisions
- Scale a codebase
- Make a major impact on the application, the development team, thousands of users, and the organization as a whole
What we’d love to see in your history:
- Experience developing and maintaining Ruby on Rails web applications
- A passion for solving problems
- A sense of curiosity for learning new things
- Evidence of establishing great relationships with other teammates
- Fluency in English
Bonus points if you also have:
- A thorough understanding of Object-Oriented architecture and design
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment
Why Zymewire? Fancy perks etc.
– Earn yourself some equity (employee options make up 20% of the value of the company at all times)
– Quarterly all-expenses-paid visits to Toronto to connect with teammates in person (when it’s safe to travel again)
– Join us for our annual all-company retreat when we reach our goals (past destinations include Bermuda, Iceland, and Costa Rica)
– Be a part of a tightly-knit team with a thriving remote culture
– Three weeks paid vacation + all local statutory holidays (paid)
– Earn additional paid vacation days with continued learning ($1000 CAD annual stipend for courses and classes )
– Take part in our Employee Giving Program (you choose the causes and the company provides the funds)
– Extended health and dental benefits
– Paid and topped-up parental leave
This is a remote position, with preference given to candidates based in South America.
The target start date for this role is March 8th, 2021.
At Zymewire we celebrate diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. Zymewire is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.