Role: Sr. Open Source Community Manager
Reports to: VP Product Marketing
Location: Remote, US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Be at the center of AI
With more than 40 million users, Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform and the foundation of modern AI development. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, championed its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open-source for competitive advantage, groundbreaking research, and a better world.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to be at the center of Artificial Intelligence. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Open Source Community Manager to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Grow, collaborate with, and help manage Anaconda’s various existing open source communities
- Engage with key stakeholders in our communities and manage community meetings on a regular basis over a variety of channels (chat, forums, webinars, office hours, conferences, etc)
- Review, curate, and prioritize user feedback from tools like Github, Gitter, Slack, Google Groups and various other community forums
- Drive our community communication channels and strategy to optimize for easy engagement and collaboration
- Share knowledge, provide technical support/training, and prepare demos/content to enable our maker communities.
- Be the voice of the community within Anaconda to drive awareness of community needs and inform our product development roadmap
- Prepare and present compelling content at industry-scale, niche, and online events.
- Collaborate with marketing to develop high-impact content in various forms such as technical demos, blog posts, podcasts, or others
- Increase awareness of Anaconda’s role in the Python / Data Science communities
What You Need:
- 5-8 years in a community manager, evangelist, developer advocate, open source software engineer, or similar capacity
- Demonstrated track record of open source contributions, community engagement, and decision making
- Hands-on Python or scientific computing experience
- Great written and verbal communication skills w/ event speaking experience
- Must be an independent self-starter, that will drive initiatives and make progress, without daily oversight
- Team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”
- Embody our core values:
- Great People
- Great Product
- Great Performance
- Care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Experience working in a open source or data science-oriented company
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Paid parental leave – both parents
- Monthly productivity stipend
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy*
- Quarterly Snake days (company wide bonus day off)
- 100% remote
*FTE employees based on your region
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.