HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, and security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build products to give organizations a consistent way to manage their move to cloud-based IT infrastructures for running their applications. Our products enable companies large and small to mix and match AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and other clouds as well as on-premises environments, easing their ability to deliver new applications for their business.
At HashiCorp, we build Boundary, Consul, Nomad, Packer, Terraform, Vagrant, Vault, and Waypoint. We use the Tao of HashiCorp as our guiding principles for product development and operate according to a strong set of company principles for how we interact with each other. We value top-notch collaboration and communication skills, both among internal teams and in how we interact with our users. We take care to balance and be responsive to the needs of our open source community as well as our enterprise level customers.
Engineering at HashiCorp is largely a remote team, and this role is no exception. We are looking for a Full-time Remote Employee within the US or Canada. While prior experience working remotely isn’t required, we are looking for team members who perform well given a high level of independence and autonomy.
Engineering Services at HashiCorp supports our product teams in the delivery of high-quality software that meets the needs of our customers and internal users. As a part of Engineering Services, the Product Delivery team is responsible for maintaining a catalogue of prescriptive methodologies for the deployment and operation of HashiCorp products.
This role will be responsible for coordinating with multiple stakeholders (from internal teams such as Product, Sales, and Customer Success, to external community practitioner feedback) to understand the infrastructural needs for operation of our products, codifying that understanding into reference architectures, and building tooling and documentation to implement these standardized systems across multiple clouds.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Define reference architectures for our products in collaboration with stakeholders from multiple teams.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across organizations.
- Communicate and document best practices for product deployment and upgrade with our Learn team.
- Coordinate with our Security team to validate and implement best security practices.
- Develop and maintain Terraform modules to codify reference architecture-based solutions for our products
- Implement various scalability tests to find the limits of our reference architecture.
- Develop interesting benchmarking scenarios like the Million Container Challenge and its successor the Two Million Container Challenge.
You may be a good fit for our team if:
- You’re enthusiastic about adopting the HashiCorp way of building systems, taking advantage of immutable infrastructure using an infrastructure as code approach.
- You excel in an agile environment based on constant iterative development.
- You’re a proactive communicator who prizes clear and transparent communication.
- You have experience documenting systems for an audience of varying technical levels.
- You have experience with network topology and design in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- You have familiarity with Terraform.
- You have familiarity with configuration management tools and a thoughtful understanding of when and how to use them.
- You have a willingness to learn new languages, technologies, and methodologies.
- You have experience using source management tools like Git.
- You enjoy collaborative development and sharing your work to get feedback.
- You’re curious and one of your favorite questions is, “…but how does it work?”
- You actively look for opportunities to make improvements; whether to product, process, or organization.
About the Application Process
As a fully remote team distributed across multiple timezones, communication is a critical aspect of our work as well as being vital to this role, and a cover letter is a great way to provide a sample of how you communicate. We invite you to tell us about yourself, what interests you about this role and working at HashiCorp, as a chance to help us learn what motivates and inspires you.
HashiCorp embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be.
HashiCorp is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please complete this form (link will be here) if you require a reasonable accommodation for the interview process. This information will be sent directly to the Benefits team, who will reach out to you with next steps.