Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Remote : US & Canada
WHO WE ARE
VERSES is a cognitive computing company specializing in next-generation Artificial Intelligence that is modeled after natural systems, the design principles of the human brain, and the human experience. We are a distributed, diverse and inclusive workforce that aspires to do our best work on important problems with exceptional people, and we value: AUDACITY, ASSERTIVENESS, ALIGNMENT, ACCOUNTABILITY, ABUNDANCE & AWESOMENESS.
If you’d like to help imagine a smarter world, come join us!
VERSES is hiring a Software Engineer, Enterprise to help build and deploy products and solutions specifically in support of our customers. This role will be leveraging the VERSES toolkit to build the next generation of Intelligent Agent applications for our customers. This role will report to the Lead Engineer, Enterprise with a dotted line into the engineering team.
Essential Functions – a/k/a Your Mission
- Design and develop software solutions for large-scale enterprises that meet business requirements and are scalable and maintainable.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, designers, and other engineers to define software requirements and ensure successful implementation.
- Lead technical discussions and provide mentorship to other engineers on the team.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices.
- Develop and maintain automated test suites to ensure software quality.
- Proactively identify and address potential technical issues and challenges, including performance optimization and scalability.
- Work closely with DevOps and other teams to deploy software systems to production environments and ensure system uptime and reliability.
- Continuously learn and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in software engineering.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience level.
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with a focus on enterprise-scale software development.
- Experience with modern software development practices, including agile methodologies, continuous integration and deployment, and automated testing.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to analyze and identify technical solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with cloud-based technologies, such as AWS or Azure, is a plus.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration technologies, such as Docker and Kubernetes, is a plus.
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases, such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, or MongoDB
- Experience integrating software solutions with Warehouse Management Systems.
- Experience with Data Lake solutions such as Snowflake or Databricks
- Snowflake Technical Certification
- Aside from being a culture of highly engaged, really smart, collegial and energized people, at VERSES, we offer:
- Global virtual work environment (although some positions may need to operate within specific time zones)
- 100% Company paid medical, dental & vision benefits
- Financial and Mental Health wellness programs
- Paid time off includes: responsible time off policy (RTO), sick time complying with all State and Federal guidelines, and of course… Company recognized Holidays!!
- Vested interest in developing and growing our people
- Generous total rewards package which includes equitable base pay, potential for bonuses, equities.
Remote – USA & Canada
Starting US Salary: $160,000
CAD Salary: $103,000 CAD
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
At VERSES, we value diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. VERSES will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.