Sr. Full Stack Developer – Cloud Features
02/19/21 6:48 pm Programming 0 Comments
Mattermost is the industry’s leading open-source enterprise-grade messaging platform. Customers including Intel, Ubisoft, Samsung, Cigna, BNP, European Commission, Social Security Administration, and Affirm use Mattermost to enable their teams to collaborate securely and privately anywhere. Many of the world’s leading privacy-conscious enterprises like The US Department of Defense work better by connecting people, tools, and automation to increase developer collaboration using Mattermost. Our private cloud messaging platform offers secure, configurable, highly scalable messaging using web, mobile, and desktop applications and provides deep integrations with hundreds of SaaS and on-premises tools and applications.
We value high impact work, ownership, self-awareness and being focused on customer success. If these values match who you are, we hope you’ll learn more about working at Mattermost and apply!
We are looking for an engineer with demonstrated experience in full stack software development, who excels at frontend development but has the breadth to work with cloud native systems such as Kubernetes. You’ll be designing and implementing critical parts of Mattermost’s upcoming SaaS product.
- Develop applications and services across front end, back end and infrastructure to build and support Mattermost’s new SaaS product
- Be an end-to-end owner of cloud-based full-stack features and services
- Contribute changes to the Mattermost product to improve the SaaS experience
- Follow our engineering best practices, and ensure alignment with our Leadership Principles
- Be a technical project owner, driving projects from requirements to completion stage
- Write thoughtful and high quality code in React and Go
- Work with cloud native technologies, such as Kubernetes
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies and tools to solve emergent challenges
- Set and deliver architectural vision for high impact features and changes across the product stack and test automation infrastructure
- Participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields, or significant professional software development experience
- 5+ years of previous experience as a full-stack software engineer with a user product development focus
- Knowledge of Docker
- Familiarity with relational databases, particularly MySQL and PostgreSQL
- A passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to work independently in an asynchronous team environment
- Experience with automation frameworks like Cypress
- Working knowledge of cloud native applications for Kubernetes
- Experience with distributed application systems using HTTP, WebSockets, RPC, pub/sub at scale
- Comfortable with GitHub, Jira, Jenkins, CircleCI
- Experience working in open source communities
Mattermost is a remote-first company with staff living and working across the globe. We are currently hiring staff in these countries/regions:
Australia – Canada – Chile – Finland – Georgia – Germany – India – Mauritius – Philippines – Poland – South Africa – Turkey – Ukraine – Uganda – United Kingdom – United States
We are constantly working towards adding more countries/regions to this list, but first we need to make sure we are compliant with local laws and regulations, which takes time.
Mattermost is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people from all walks of life. We don’t discriminate against staff or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there’s any way we can make the interview process better for you; we’re happy to accommodate!