Sr. Customer Experience (CX) Manager
A Little About Us
Making fans – That’s what we’re all about! Since our humble beginnings in 2011, these two words have driven Big Viking Games to become the successful company it is today. We are focused on making our mark as a next-generation, live operations games company.
We believe that each Viking is unique and brings exponential value to the company. In return, we provide Vikings with the opportunity to solve problems through continuous learning and fostering feedback, ultimately mastering their craft. By investing in our Vikings and in new technologies, we can continue our success for years to come.
We are embarking on an adventure and rely on our team of skilled, enthusiastic, and collaborative Vikings to turn our ship towards a new horizon. With that in mind, we are on the hunt for exceptional talent to join us on this new journey and help hoist the sails!
The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is looking to bring on a full-time Senior Manager of Customer Experience (CX)! This role will be responsible for the overall management and delivery of our Customer Experience, ensuring our beloved players have the best experience and support while playing our games! You’ll act as the voice of the players, keeping their best interests in mind, working closely with the production team to ensure they are aware of what is important to the players and our fans. If you’re a seasoned CX leader with a passion for customers, this role is for you! This role is offered remotely, based in ON, Canada.
- Manage our CX function, overseeing a team of Player Support Specialists and Community Managers to help them provide top notch support and communication to our players
- Align the team towards game and company level goals based on player satisfaction as well as retention and revenue/monetization metrics
- Develop Key Performance Indicators representing the productivity and impact of the teams, as well as qualitative indicators such as net promoter score, Customer Satisfaction, etc.
- Identify ways to improve those KPIs, proactively identifying areas of optimisation: tools, automation, training, etc.
- Analyze ticket data and forum posts data to provide qualitative and quantitative reports on the impact of the Player Support team and Community Management team
- Establish best practices in terms of communication style, visuals, to establish a great contact line between Big Viking Games and its fans
- Help gather feedback, ideas, and suggestions from players to be communicated concisely to the product owners
- Ensure proper transfer of bug information back and forth between the development/QA teams and the players
- Be responsible for the overall quality of communication on the various channels: social media, forums, ingame communication, etc.
The Must Haves
- 5+ years leadership experience in a B2C Customer Support/Experience role, preferably in the games industry or adjacent
- Experience with Customer Support software – Salesforce, Zendesk, Freshdesk, etc
- Strong reporting background and communicating on numerical data using MS Excel, Google Sheets, etc.
- Excellent customer service orientation – the desire to always give players premium treatment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, along with the ability to deliver information in an empathetic and concise manner
- Passion for online games and communities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with mastery in multi-tasking
The Nice to Haves
- Experience from the Games industry – working directly with Live Ops teams such as Community Management and Player Support
- General technical proficiency and internet savvy – knowledge of communities and communication styles on Reddit, Discord, Twitch, etc.
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% Remote Work Environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited that you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume!