IO Global, creator of the Cardano blockchain platform, is searching for a Solidity Software Engineer to join an exciting new project! At IO Global we do things that have never been done before in ways that have never been done before. We are looking for the very best people to join us, work with us and help us to change the world. If you are a problem-solver who is self-driven with a black belt in getting stuff done, we want to talk to you!
Our blockchain engineers, app developers, theorists and community managers are working together in a start-up-like environment to add collaboration tools to human processes and create a friendly and engaging experience.
You will write code that satisfies the acceptance criteria of a given task. You will create specifications from high-level proposals and write Solidity code from these specifications. You will work with the current team to optimise and debug smart contracts and with researchers to find optimal solutions to challenging problems in the implementation phase.
Here are some examples of the duties:
- Follow agile software development practices
- Work with teams across time zones
- Work independently on software development tasks
- Review specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contribute to the design of algorithms
- Write clean, straightforward, efficient code that satisfies acceptance criteria and specifications
- Commit often and submit small pull requests frequently
- Review pull requests from other team members
- Fix bugs in your own code and in legacy code from others
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Write documentation for the code
- Write technical user manuals
- Update your knowledge of distributed and concurrent computation.
- More than six years’ experience of diverse and complex software development
- Fluency in Solidity is a must
- Proficient in Ethereum tools such as Truffle, Web3, Hardhat or similar
- An ability to deliver top quality code following proper standards (testing)
- An understanding of the Ethereum virtual machine and an ability to implement different patterns to avoid or reduce EVM limitations (size, gas costs)
- Understanding of virtual machine architecture, memory, and stack
- Ability to break down complex business problems and lead a team in solving them
- Nice to have: knowledge of Solidity security testing tools.
IO Global is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone based in a European time zone for this role.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work – ability to work anywhere
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Udemy for Business
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage through Anthem with 100% premium cost covered by IO Global for the employee and dependents
- Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service