ARE YOU READY TO TAKE YOUR CAREER TO NEW HEIGHTS? ARE YOU SEEKING A NEW CHALLENGE IN A DYNAMIC SECTOR?
This is a very exciting and highly innovative time here at Outside.
OUR TRUE NORTH:
Outside Interactive, Inc., the premier hub for active lifestyle enthusiasts, offers best-in-class content and experiences to more than 70 million of the world’s most passionate outdoor, wellness, and endurance enthusiasts every month. We inspire and educate a diverse audience to participate in the activities they love and are dedicated to making real change in the outdoor and fitness industries. Day after day, story after story, Outside Interactive, Inc., proves that a hike, a climb, a run, a ride, a day skiing, or a yoga practice can change lives – and change the world.
The Outside – Platform Web Team is in charge of unifying our content platforms and creating new digital experiences to inspire users to get outside. As a Software Engineer III, you’ll help evolve and maintain our editorial web applications (such as Outside Online, Velo, Yoga Journal, Backpacker, and many more). You will work with other engineers and cross-functional partners across Outside to learn, iterate and shape the direction of the product over time.
This role can be 100% remote
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and other Engineering teams members on a cross-functional team.
- Design and implement ways to bring our data and technology into other applications within the Outside network.
- Develop and maintain web applications using PHP and React within our WordPress CMS
- Help create and build a headless WordPress with GraphQL and React
- Be comfortable working with our legacy WordPress front end to troubleshoot, debug, and resolve technical issues as they arise ensuring to maintain functionality and performance
- Help solve engineering challenges and assist with our decision-making process on the most relevant technical solutions for complex business problems.
- Work in two week agile sprints including sprint planning, refinement and retrospective ceremonies.
- Manage WordPress backend operations, including theme and plugin customization, performance optimization, and security enhancements.
This describes you:
- You bring 4+ years of experience in web development or software engineering
- Proficiency with PHP
- Experience working with Content Management Systems like WordPress or Drupal
- Effective communication skills and ability to articulate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Experience in implementing a fully functional UI from Figma designs
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog refinement, and sprint planning
- Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- You have excellent organizational, problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills.
- You have experience working in development cycles and collaborating with team members from design to
- You have an understanding of the full stack of components required to run an application
- You are committed to learning and expanding your professional and technical knowledge.
- You consistently exhibit a positive attitude and desire to help your team succeed.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
Nice to have:
- Development experience with micro-frontends and/or Highly Performant Headless CMS Sites
- Experience developing or using React, NextJS and GraphQL API
- Working experience with Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Experience context switching between legacy codebases and new technologies
We are unable to sponsor or transfer a VISA for this position
Fully remote jobs that can be performed in Boulder, Colorado: Employees can expect to be paid a salary of between $105,000 to $150,000. Additional compensation may include a bonus or commission . Additional benefits include health care, vision, dental, retirement, Flexible Time Away, sick leave, and more. This salary range is merely an estimate and may vary based on an applicant’s location, market data/ranges, an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, certain degrees and certifications, and other relevant factors