Software Engineer I – C++ / AR Graphics Tools
Our mission at DigitalFish is to help our customers derive transformative value across their organizations by building next-generation technologies that define the future of digital-media creation and consumption for millions of users.
We have partnered with leading digital media companies, and are at the center of their efforts to build a new generation of platforms and experiences. Current and past customers include Apple, Google, Meta, Disney, DreamWorks, Activision, Technicolor, ESPN, LEGO, NASA and many others.
OUR ENGINEERING TEAM
Our engineers develop resilient and scalable solutions on internal and external projects with our partners across animation, visual effects, mixed reality, social media and game production. Our engineers contribute to an agile product development lifecycle by applying skills that span from requirements analysis, design, graphics tools, pipeline tools, workflow analysis and pipeline integration.
As part of our engineering team, you will contribute to the development of desktop and mobile software applications using modern C++. This is the perfect role for someone with strong experience writing cross-platform C++ code using XCode, Visual Studio or a similar IDE.
You will work on a widely used commercial application for authoring augmented-reality (AR) content, extending its ability to export experiences to multiple AR platforms using a new industry standard open format for interactive graphics.
If you’d like to collaborate with the brightest minds and spearhead next-generation technology, this could be the role for you!
Ideal candidates will have 4-6 years of relevant work experience, but if you think you’re right for this position, contact us; we’ll listen.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Extend the data-export functionality of an AR content-authoring software application under the direction of engineering leads.
- Understand the capability and limitations of an emerging open standard for interactive content.
- Analyze the limits this open standard places on our ability to faithfully represent authored AR experiences in exporting to standards-complying platforms.
- Propose and implement strategies for reduced-functionality export when the standard does not support aspects of an AR experience.
- Work with technical artists to verify exported experiences and maintain the design intent of the original authored data.
- Maintain high code quality and professional development workflows and ensure clear and concise code documentation.
- Stay on target with project priorities, deadlines and deliverables while aligning with other team members and project management in a fast-paced, Agile environment.
WHO YOU ARE
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of professional development experience in C++ working on a commercial application or equivalent experience on tools for internal use in a studio environment.
- Solid grasp of general graphics-programming concepts including scene trees, matrix transforms, the graphics pipeline, and common data formats used to represent assets in a graphics pipeline.
- Familiarity with modern scene-data formats such as OpenUSD and glTF
- Experience writing cross-platform C++ code using XCode, Visual Studio or a similar IDE
- Excellent general programming skills, especially OOP and patterns
- Working familiarity with Agile/Scrum development process
- Cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills and able to work both in a team and independently
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The annual salary range for this position is $90,000 to $125,000 plus equity (per qualifications)
- The base pay actually offered will take into account internal parity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Discounts on movie tickets, theme parks, hotels, Broadway and Vegas shows, shopping partners & more
- Flexible working environment and more!
The ability to work on the West Coast time zone is preferred.
DigitalFish is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined to ensure that no applicant experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
DigitalFish is not able to sponsor immigration petitions for this role at this time.
All applicants must have the right to work in the United States.
We look forward to hearing from you!