Kanopy is a video streaming platform, focused on bridging cultural boundaries and bringing people together through film. By partnering with universities and public libraries, we share thoughtful entertainment with millions of users across the globe. Founded in 2008, we are currently experiencing accelerated growth in customers, revenue, and employees.
About the Role
We are looking for a passionate, talented and super-smart Software Engineer to join our growing front-end development team. We are rebuilding our entire front-end stack from the ground-up and looking for someone ready to jump in and help. To succeed, you need to be able to innovate, love solving hard data problems. Your solutions must be well designed, implemented, tested, deployed and supported. This is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly growing company developing cutting edge video streaming technology and help shape the direction of our engineering team.
- Develop user facing features
- Translate UI/UX designs to actual code
- Write scalable and reusable code
- Collaborate with the backend team and design team
- Work collaboratively with team members
What you need:
- A technical degree in Computer Science or related field. Or some level of formal education in CS
- 3+ years experience in front-end development
- Firm foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Single-Page Application experience using one of the major templating frameworks (Angular/Vue/React)
- Knowledge of REST principles and experience working with and implementing backend APIs.
- Understanding of responsive design, website performance and accessibility.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to tell a story with data to a variety of audiences
- A deep understanding of software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping production quality software on time
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience with documentation, unit and integration testing.
- Experience with software version control (e.g. git, subversion, etc) and issue tracking (e.g. Jira, github issues, etc)
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and partners
This team is based in Orange County, but remote work is an option. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package, including full health coverage and 4 weeks vacation. At Kanopy, we look for focused and results driven people looking to make an impact and contribute to our growing team. Bonus points to those that have a good sense of humor, love for film, or an interest in education.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Diversity makes us a better team.